arthur v foster jnr

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by maka, Oct 13, 2007.

1. victorhugo4222

victorhugo4222 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Can tell you john wasnt offered this fight at all just rumours of it happning but none were true. also Johns next fight wont be in Scotland its looking more likely his next defence is going to be down south once again though hes not reallyin fact he would actuallyprefer that after the bad press he got last week in the tabloids up here. Dont know if anyone seen it but was disgraceful the daily record covered some daft story more than they have with all his fights put together. If youtr Scottish and a Simpson fan NEVER buy the daily record again.

2. mmickyward

mmickyward Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2006

i agree that this is the fight to go for.Arthur hits way to hard for fana who seems a nice boxer without a punch.He should ditch the WBO

3. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    Well, I just caught Foster jnr's first round blowout at his new weight last night, & he looked very impressive IMO, & was much more muscled & bulked up looking than in his featherweight days, & stopped a fighter who doesnt normally get beaten that quickly.

Maybe this fight could be interesting after all:think

4. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    The Daily Record is well known as a ****in rag, & its readership has been dwindling for years. I didnt know they had done a negative story on Simpson, but it doesnt surprise me as they have always had a right problem with boxing. Remember, it was the Daily Record who ran a campaign trying to get Tyson banned from fighting in Scotland, ****in twats. In fact, just a month or two ago they got their arse sued by none other than Frank Warren, & had to write a grovelling apology over untruths they told about him.

The Daily Record stinks. Probably cos its made with recycled toilet paper. I wouldnt buy that, OR the so called 'scottish' Sun. It was funny hearing that the 'scottish' Sun version tried to distance itself from the anti-scottish racist comments penned by one of their english columnists in the english edition just a fw short days ago:lol:

Record & Sun? Only fit for wiping your bum.

5. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks James 'Lights Out' Toney Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    :lol: another Warren fighter who says this and that about fighting the top dogs, then fights nobody.
    Arthur was talking about whathisname, the touted guy with the WBO...and entering the elite by fighting Barrera, Pac, JMM etc. Then fights Steve Foster Jnr.:lol:
    not as bad as Macarinelli, but bull**** all the same.

6. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Foster Jnr can fight and will give it 110 percent. I was very suprised when he lost to Derry Mathews and he brings at least as much talent to he table as Ricky Burns who gave Arthur a pretty good scrap. He's a come forward fighter and while I would go for Arthur by stoppage, Foster has the skills and workrate to make things interesting for a few rounds. Foster was a world class amateur and a double ABA champion.