Arthur vs Yarde II

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Oct 13, 2021.

1. BaronSamedi

BaronSamedi Active Member Full Member

Mar 9, 2015
    No way

The fight won't be easier, how can it be. Yarde underestimated last time, wasn't active enough, allowed the fight to play out in cruise control and paid a high price.

If he loses again the price he pays will be even higher, he's going to do all he can to ensure a win

Lyndon may take the victory but it certainly won't be an easier fight

2. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
  3. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Apparently Arthur won the last one with one hand.

If that's the case, it could be an easier fight. I don't think that it will be, though. There's got to be some sort of panic about Yarde now. He'll be on red alert, surely.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  4. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    All the pressure on Yarde in this one. He has to show he's improved. (i doubt it)
    If he can't get around the jab and then cut the ring off. Lyndon should win. Yarde has the power to trouble Arthur but he's only got a window to use it then he's going to have to reset and that might leave him vulnerable especially if Arthur uses both hands this time.

5. LeavemealoneKoooogs

LeavemealoneKoooogs A cacophony of noise! Full Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Well I'm mostly kidding, but in the spirit of pointless rematches being handed out like flyers to A-side fighters and all you never know...but you're right rubber match probably wasn't the right term to use.

6. DoubleG95Fanatic

DoubleG95Fanatic Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2021
    Because in the 12 months since the first fight he’s done nothing…..he went a minute with a cab driver, Lyndon knocked out a decent European contender….there’s nothing to suggest Yarde will do anything different in the fight….he’s fought the same way his whole career.

7. Safin

Aug 3, 2019
    If Arthur wins, I hope it's done. Too many rematches.

If Yarde wins, they may do a decider, but who wants to see another. Even if it's a barnburner, which I doubt is possible considering the styles and Yarde's stamina.

Will Ajayi be able to get another job with a good boxer if "Ant" sends him packing after another loss?

8. LeavemealoneKoooogs

LeavemealoneKoooogs A cacophony of noise! Full Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Yeah I think Tundes reputation (what's left of it) is done if it's another Arthur win. He'd have to bring a no name through to a decent level to regain some credibility

Scissors and Safin like this.
  9. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Won British and European belts

Scissors likes this.
  10. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I really think Yarde stops Arthur this time, rounds 7-8-9.

11. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Yarde’s power is still a bit of a myth for me. Who’s he knocked out you wouldn’t expect him to? And in terms of all round boxing he’s never proven himself above British level. I think if he wins it will be down to a robbery on the cards.

N17 likes this.
  12. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Based on nothing more than my own opinion I think Yarde's timing and punch power are very good although i except he's not really stopped anyone i'm impressed by although Sjekloca has only been stopped once - even if he did look undersized.
    When he tried to put in on Arthur late in the first fight I think we saw a reaction BUT he can't sustain it. He's a 4 round fighter at any kind of pace, with no boxing IQ or none that he's shown so far. He's feasted on club fighters and lower tier euro level guys and at times it shows.

Lets be honest it can't be any worse than the 1st fight.

13. ForTheFans

ForTheFans __ForTheFans___ banned Full Member

Oct 26, 2021
    Arthur beats him again. He is the superior technician. Beat him with one hand last time, he'll school him easier with two hands this time.

Yarde is done.

14. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    This content is protected

Good fight this

Scissors likes this.
  15. Safin

Aug 3, 2019
    Bradley Skeete is one of my favourites. I love watching him. A master of his craft.