Artur Asilbekovich Beterbiev vs. Anthony Dwayne Duncan Yarde

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jun 21, 2022.

The Beast vs. **checks notes** ...The Beast? Wait, what? There can be only one!

Poll closed Oct 22, 2022.
  1. Beterbiev on points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Beterbiev by stoppage

90.4%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yarde on points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yarde by stoppage

9.6%
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    October twenty-second in London, confirmed. WBC, IBF and WBO titles on the line - fourth, seventh & first defenses respectively of Beterbiev. Yarde is the WBO mandatory and was previously first in line for a shot at Joe Smith Jr.

Yes, yes, I know we would all rather see Beterbiev unify with WBA champ Dmitry Bivol. In fact, that is what both Beterbiev and Bivol themselves are on record as having preferred. Alas, the powers that be - Warren and Arum - simply DGAF. We will all have to wait until 2023 at least for the long awaited all-Russian boxer versus puncher dream match. :ohno

OldSchoolBoxing, KiwiMan and sasto like this.
  2. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    A glorified formality. Yarde has as little chance as I can recall of any title challenger in the last several years.

3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    In hindsight how miffed must Yarde be to have not landed a date with JSJ while the #1 contender to him? Not that I wouldn't favor Smith to annihilate Yarde himself but that's a far less daunting task and more realistic path to entering the world titlist annals than facing Beterbiev with his current juggernaut momentum and form.

Caliboxing and sasto like this.
  4. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Yarde cannot win under any circumstances. Im not even joking. Styles make fights and even if Yarde was actually a good fighter he's tailor made for Beterbiev regardless

Yarde will get credit from me if he makes it past 6 but the reality is he won't make it past 2

5. Johnny1987

Johnny1987 Active Member Full Member

Sep 20, 2019
    Yarde has the ability to hurt Artur, but it would have to be early. Add to that the greatest trainer of the last 50+ plus years in Tunde and what you get is many Lions in the Camp. Sounds positive

6. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Yarde has a chance early, he needs to launch a sustained violent attack on Beterbiev like he did to Kovalev, of compact combinations to the head and body, in close, while he's still fresh, and go all out until his gas tank empties. Instead of waiting around to only having a half tank to begin with, after eating jabs for 7 or 8 rounds, to do it. If that doesn't get the job done, then he's screwed. But let's be honest, he's screwed anyway.

Pepsi Dioxide likes this.
  7. ShortRound

ShortRound Active Member banned Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    I think Yarde will be intimidated by what he saw happen to Smith and will still have the Kovalev demons in the back of his mind. He'll look to play it safe for a few rounds (so he doesn't suffer his own humiliating KO2 loss) and wait for his opportunity. But in doing so he'll be damaged, fatigued and demoralised by the time he realises he needs to go for it. And then he'll get stopped.

sasto and CST80 like this.
  8. Johnny1987

Johnny1987 Active Member Full Member

Sep 20, 2019
    Cmon man, Yarde wont be intimidated. He will fight from the first bell and go out on his shield like he did against Kova. I agree he will Gas, too much muscle but he will give it a proper go. He wont be practicing his salsa moves like Joe Smith when he got clipped

9. ShortRound

ShortRound Active Member banned Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    I can't see him being as aggressive as Smith, who had never been conventionally knocked out or even dropped and probably didn't think Beterbiev would stop him until at least the halfway point. No one made Smith practice salsa moves prior to Beterbiev, especially not in the 1st/2nd round. If Yarde storms forward and gets clipped on the temple or the ear I'm not confident that he'll react any better. That will be in the back of his mind; not wanting to be made a 1st/2nd round internet meme.

10. Presenting-Fight-Film

Presenting-Fight-Film Active Member Full Member

Apr 18, 2022
    Beterbiev uppercuts TKO as Yarde bends down.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Yikes. So far a zero to sixteen vote of no-confidence for "The Beast From The East". :sisi1 (you may be surprised to know that is the full nickname of Yarde - ostensibly referring to his native borough of Hackney being sometimes classified as being part of east London, in postcode E4 - not Beterbiev. I guess technically he is from east relative to ...Islington, or Cornwall. Beterbiev's adopted home of Canada for sure. In any event, Khasavyurt is east of anywhere Yarde's ancestors might've been from, unless they were at the furthest tip of Somalia - meaning if anybody in this match-up should be rocking the BFTE moniker, it'd be the Russian)

12. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    horrible mismatch, could be some fireworks at least

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  13. DaRealJT

DaRealJT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 26, 2021
    If this fight happens, I’ll put some money on Beterbiev rounds 1-4. If Yarde makes it to the latter half of the fight, I’ll be very surprised

14. Ivan28

Ivan28 Active Member Full Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Yarde could surprise Beterbiev...with his superglass jaw that would be knocked out for the 2nd time with a jab.

15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Possibly but I don't think Beterbiev is half as shot as Kovalev was, plus the cat's outta the bag now as far as "don't underestimate Yarde, he's limited but can be dangerous".

KO KIDD likes this.