Artur Szpilka vs. Łukasz Różański

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Apr 7, 2021.

"Szpila (The Pin)" or "Życie Biegacza (Runner's Life)"?

Poll closed May 8, 2021.
  1. Szpilka on points

7.7%
  2. Szpilka by stoppage

15.4%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Różański on points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Różański by stoppage

76.9%
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Even though he's a slow, pudgy little mini-fridge? I honestly don't see him even connecting on Pin very cleanly until maybe about midway, if Szpilka elects to get on his toes and box (which is something he can do). After those evasive tactics begin tiring him out, though...

2. HamburgBuam

HamburgBuam Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Szpilka is at this point far away from his prime. Rozanski by KO. Which does not mean anything.

3. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Wawrzyk is back?

4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    No, apparently not, turns out.

ShovelHook likes this.
  5. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Oh well, would've been interesting to see how these two panned out, their records are both quite impressive and even looking on paper.

6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    This is now happening tomorrow. Masternak vs. Balski as co-main.

7. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Szpilka looked absolutely shot to bits in his last fight. Against a journeyman with no power. If he beats Rozanski in his home town i'd be shocked.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  8. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Yeah Szpilka is done. I did like him too, a slick mover who would have been far higher up in the HW ladder had he not rivalled David Price for worst chin in the Division.

9. f1ght3rz

Jan 31, 2018
    absolutey. skill-wise he's 3 levels above rozanski. but he was also 5 levels above the guy he fought last and he was dropped how often? 3 times? 2 times? and got a robbery decision. He's absolutely done. I think he'll retire after todays loss.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  10. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    I'm surprised at the level of confidence I see in Rozanski winning this.

I don't have any reason to say he won't. I just don't consider him a shoo-in to join a club composed exclusively of Chisora, Wilder, Kownacki, and Jennings.

IntentionalButt likes this.
  11. Inglis_1

Aug 4, 2018
    It's more to do with Szpilka's non existant chin than anything else.

Would like to see Szpilka get up having said that. I've always thought that he was a decent boxer.

12. Big Boy Battersby

Big Boy Battersby Member banned Full Member

Apr 4, 2021
    This is where the forum makes me laugh.

Wilder is lauded as terrible and a rubbish boxer, yet Szpilka is lauded as a slick boxer, yet he was still losing to Wilder before he got knocked spark out in their encounter. How could that be? How could Wilder be ahead if he's such a terrible boxer and Szpilka is a good boxer?

13. GGGunbeatable

GGGunbeatable Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Rozanski has already beaten Izuagbe Ugonoh, who was the greatest Polish heavyweight potential after Golota, and he made it look easy. Izu could have been the first Polish HW champ in history if he had taken the sport more serious.

Szpilka will have no chance!

14. Inglis_1

Aug 4, 2018
    I've always rated Wilder myself. I only have Fury ahead of him in the division with the only other person to trouble him stylistically being Usyk.

15. f1ght3rz

Jan 31, 2018
    Because you have nothing else to do than talking about Wilder in a Szpilka vs. Rozanski topic? Grow up little Wilder fan and get over it. Wilder got ragdolled against Fury and he just doesn't belong to the elite.

Seriously....what's the thing with Wilder here? Watch the fight clown and you see why Wilder was ahead. His power was the equalizer and he touched Szpilka a couple of times and Szpilka was more or less running for his life because he knew as soon as Wilder connects clean it's over. He wasn't there to win, he was there to survive after he tasted Wilders power early on.

Asking stupid questions is obviously a job of yours. I have another one: Why did Wilder need 9 rounds to stop a glass jawed Szpilka while Chisora and Kownacki needed 6 rounds combined?

johnny_o and Wizbit1013 like this.