Artur "The Steamroller" Beterbiev vs "Marvelous" Martin Hagler

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Beouche, Feb 23, 2021.

??

1. Hagler Dec

8.8%
  2. Hagler KO

19.3%
  3. Beterbiev Dec

22.8%
  4. Beterbiev by KO

49.1%
  1. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Dunno if they keep em' that far back, but if they do you ought to be able to find me expressing outrage at ODLH (who I like) for fighting Pac based on size. We all know how that turned out. I was also on here doubting The Alien because Kelly was a young killer on a hot streak. I mean sure, you'd think a big dude who's supposed to be a skilled fighter (haven't seen that much of him myself) like Beterviev ought to be able to beat up the much littler guy, but ATG champs are made of different stuff so (imo) you can't count Marvin out.

Bustajay likes this.
  2. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Hagler would be 2 inches shorter with a 3 inch reach advantage. AB is much wider. If Hagler can box, he wins. If AB is able to use his strength and work on the inside, he wins. It all comes down to who can fight their fight. I just feel Hagler can do more, has more tools in his bag of tricks. I pick MH.

3. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    I pick Hagler too.

Until the bell rings and he gets punched.

Toney F*** U likes this.
  4. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Beterbiev is too big for Hagler.

Toney F*** U likes this.
  5. Braindamage

Oct 1, 2011
    You may be right. Just going by what I know. AB is bigger, but that doesn't mean he is better.

6. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    That’s ridiculous logic, the lower division fighters are usually a lot more skilled than higher division ones, but that doesn’t mean they can beat them

7. Braindamage

Oct 1, 2011
    Same logic as, just because a fighter is bigger he can win. I think the skills of Hagler could offset the size differential. There are many fighters that had superior skills that moved up and won.

8. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    I’d get it if Beterbiev was a bum, but he’s an elite lhw with extremely heavy hands and has a huge weight advantage. I wouldn’t give hagler a chance.

Decker and BCS8 like this.
  9. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Hagler would have his skull beaten in, and you know that. Also, I say that as someone who likes Hagler far better than Beterbiev. Like you, I'm still lukewarm on Artur.

gdm and Toney F*** U like this.
  10. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    He hits too hard and he has stopped people significantly bigger than Hagler in the last 15 fights has had as a professional.

Toney F*** U likes this.
  11. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Beterbiev KO, hagler too small.

12. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    You don’t get it because you are a limey snowflake who melts every time people pick EE fighter to win. Yes moron beterbiev would slaughter hagler.

Toney F*** U and BCS8 like this.
  13. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Wow original. You've got my respect for sure

14. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I don't see Golovkin beating Beterbiev either. And Golovkin is bigger than Hagler by around 10lbs. I'd pick Golovkin over some bigger men but Artur isn't one of them.

15. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    You're shitting me man. I respect Hagler. But if 5'7" barefoot Hagler thought he could destroy LHWs then he would have campaigned there. Not drag up pencil legged Hearns and mini beast Mugabi.

If Hagler even stepped into the same arena as Beterbiev or say Bob Foster he would have been nailed to the canvas like Jesus was to the cross.