Arum could speak to Wilder and Pulev and get them to step aside

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    I don't think so. I'm fairly certain Wilder will be remembered a helluva lot better than the current members of this site treat him.

LoadedGlove likes this.
  2. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Sadly for the punters, I should imagine these conversations have already taken place. Arum is stuck with Furey v Wilder and knows it's going to lose a fortune so he will have been putting some big money up in stand aside fees for a way out plus a good chunk of the AJ v Furey promotion.
    I could see Pulev taking the money, possibly at around £3m the same as his purse would have been but Wilder is not going back into the mix. Too many lads there that could beat him and for relative peanuts.
    Shame as this is the only Heavyweight fight the general public want to see and would be a huge boost in terms of re-connecting them to Boxing.

3. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    I guess we'll have to agree to differ on this one then mate. See you on the next thread.

Dubblechin likes this.
  4. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Both Wilder and Pulev are already on deck to fight for titles anyway without having to step aside. Wilder has another big payday and a chance to re-gain his belt. Pulev will be fighting for 3 belts and getting likely his largest payday. They have no incentive (again from their standpoint) to do so. I personally think they both should just get out of the way, but again, there is no strong incentive for them, why would they step aside when they really don't have to?

5. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    No way, his image is ruined, he got destroyed.