Arum wants to match Stevenson with Lomachenko

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CleneloAnavarez, Dec 7, 2021.

1. SquaredCircle

SquaredCircle Active Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Adonis shouldn't be fighting anymore, especially at lightweight. Sad!

CST80, Serge and MarkusFlorez99 like this.
  2. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    The contract is due to expire

Loma is looking at options

Arum wants to screw him to let him know he is his daddy

Remember when Pac lost to Bradley the first time? It was Bob flexing....

3. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I would love to see it next but I doubt it. Stevenson's management team will likely try and wait another 18 months for more age and wear and tear on Loma before risking it. The only current big name with the balls to fight Loma is Kamobosos.

vast and Salty Dog like this.
  4. Grinder

Grinder Dude, don't call me Dude Full Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Loma has not ducked anyone. He is seeking the belts that Bob and co stole from him. If beating Shakur helps him won those back, he will fight him. The converse is also true.

senpai and Jackman65 like this.
  5. Grinder

Grinder Dude, don't call me Dude Full Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Shakur is a good boxer and would be one of the few boxers in and around those weights that have a real chance against Loma all things being equal. Right now, I think Loma wins this handily.

Zhuge Liang, Salty Dog and Jackman65 like this.
  6. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    i think he has all it takes to beat loma, except the experience putting the plan in play against top guys. i said many years ago that the way to beat loma is to turn with him, pivot to keep him in front of you. and to punch at him when he moves towards you. make him pay every time he explodes at you. you take away his angles and make him much more selective about when he rushes you. easier said than done, but thats where the experience i mentioned is key. but i like what ive seen from him emotionally in the ring, he seems very much in control.

shza likes this.
  7. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Great fight hope it happens.

MarkusFlorez99, drenlou and Salty Dog like this.
  8. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Stop! Shakur lives here in houston and I've seen him 2x in person 5 or 10 feet away once a week after a fight and he's tiny he looks like a little boy.

9. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    I totally despise the I-landed-3-weak-punches-in-12rds-but-you-only-landed-1-so-I-win style of boxing so I hope he doesn't go that route. That said, so far, I believe he's the goods.

I would make Lomachenko the favorite, but Stevenson winning a legit SD or even UD wouldn't shock me.

Loma has been at it a good while. Every day that passes makes him losing to a speedy youngster with the proper pedigree more likely.

10. Kishnabe

Kishnabe Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2021
    This content is protected

Arum here says he wants Loma and Shakur to fight opponents in their respective weight class.

11. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Stop capping.

12. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Loma is chasing the belts at 135. If Shakur has one then they'll fight.

13. jnes1

jnes1 New Member Full Member

Aug 23, 2020
    What do Loma and Shakur walk around at? Can't imagine Loma getting heavier than 150.

14. CleneloAnavarez

CleneloAnavarez Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2021
    Because he has work left to do at 135. Stevenson hasn't got the right to demand anything from Lomachenko.
    In 6 months Lomachenko wouldn't even be in Top Rank.

15. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    I want to see the fight boxing-wise, but I would probably duck it if I was Stevenson thinking about it from a business perspective. Loma isn't a pop culture phenomenon so there won't be a huge fame increase.

Sinze Lopez beat him, I think Stevenson can't just look good losing and declare a moral victory. He has to win or it will be a setback. Again this is from the business perspective. Personally I just want to see the fight and would watch both again win, lose, or draw.

Plus Loma was in great form last time out, making it seem like it really was a shoulder problem that held him back against Lopez.

That was a boss performance. I thought he would win but I expected Nakatani to do the whole "tough to look good against" thing he does so well.

WWs look like kids too, I thought he was a relatively large 130?

Salty Dog and CST80 like this.