Ask Dennis your training questions...

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Dennis, Jun 17, 2007.

1. younghypnotiq

younghypnotiq Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2007
    yo dennis can i pull back from crosses like you pull back from jabs?

2. Orishaman

Orishaman I tell it like it is.... Full Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Definitevely not, your foot work for the jab has your body weight slightly on your back foot as you transfer it forward for the jab or even backwards, for the cross your weight foot is the front since your are tranfering the fulll power of the cross...you will be off balance and a target for an upper cut or straight punch

3. younghypnotiq

Apr 23, 2007
    no i meant if someone throws a jab at me can i just lean back out of the way. and ca i do that for a cross.

4. Lostmykeys

Lostmykeys Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2007
    You could man. Prolly not a good idea though.

5. younghypnotiq

Apr 23, 2007
    why is it bad? i see alot of pros do it.

6. Doomas

Doomas Active Member Full Member

Jan 11, 2007
    For me its compleatly oposite, maby becouse Im more used to do pushups than work on my abs.

7. Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean My nAmE IS MoNeY Full Member

Jun 19, 2007
    im just starting what can i expect in my first 1-2 months

8. Johnboy2007

Johnboy2007 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 21, 2007
    Think you miss understand me, he probably could get fitter than me lol. What im saying is do u think he should get reasonably fit first or just go straight into it. I just wouldnt want him to get imbarrased or be put off.

9. dave

dave Active Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2004
    I was sparring and walked into a big right hand, it stunned me and it was well thrown and timed nicley. I felt my head snap back and my neck crack a little, what amazed me was although I wobbled a little I was still able to collect myself and continue...although I was leary of that right and became less carless. The sparring partner was younger quicker and about 20 lbs lighter...plus more skills, my consolation is that i was able to take a big shot like that and still be on my feet and still be aware of my surroundings which gives me confidence as i also landed some good shots of my own afterwards...although i felt that my sparring partner may have held back a little after landing that huge right. My main focus with boxing is the workout and some heated sparring sometimes as i am at an age where a amatuer fight is probably out of the question but I love boxing more than golf and other sports for middle aged guys..am I risking my health or helping it??? I have been doing this for about 2 years and enjoy mixing it up with some of the young ones.

10. Orishaman

Orishaman I tell it like it is.... Full Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Did you read my work out routine for the cat to start gettting into shape...it was preatty detailed...

11. AndrewSchaeffer

AndrewSchaeffer New Member Full Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Hey Dennis. help me.
    ok im 14 years old until tuesday where i turn 15.
    my body fat percentage is 23.22 i weigh 142 and i would drop down to 130-132. could you give me any diets?. or workout plans. like how long should i jog. what should i eat. and what else

12. AndrewSchaeffer

AndrewSchaeffer New Member Full Member

Aug 24, 2007
  13. Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean My nAmE IS MoNeY Full Member

Jun 19, 2007
    how vital is running when your training

i have broke my same leg twice and recently ran a mile fun run, after the race my right leg had been hurting and now anytime i run at a fast pace say maybe 150 yards and more i have a bad leg afterwards

14. andyZOR

andyZOR Obsessed with Boxing banned

Feb 28, 2007
    I have a question Dennis.

I try to work out my arms. I want to get a bit stronger. So for the past couple months I have been working out with my biceps, and triceps. Dumbells, and other weights. Lifting. I strech a bit b4 each workout. I usually do it about, 4 times a week for about 40-60 mins.

My question is, is this bad? Im only working out my arms, and not my abs or legs or anything, just my arms. Somone told me that this was bad? He said somthing about "cardio" or some ****. And he said it was bad for me. This true? What happens if I still continue out my workout with my arms, and not anything else? Am I doing something wrong?

15. Fullcontact5238

Fullcontact5238 New Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2007
    i need some weight loss tips i got this fight in Nov, i need to loose weight ,???