Askren vs Lawler

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Ph33rknot, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot etreuM aL Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    what di you guys think

2. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Herb Dean made ANOTHER bad call imo. People say "his arm went limp" BUT Herb did not stop the fight at that point. He lifted Lawler's arm to see if he was out and Lawler held his arm up giving a thumbs up. HIS ARM DID NOT SLUMP TO THE FLOOR WHEN HERB WAS CHECKING IF HE WAS CONSCIOUS. Idiot Herb Dean then stops the fight. WTF ??????? It really is incredible how often Herb Dean makes bad calls yet folks like Joe Rogan continue to crap on how he is "the best in the business". That's fake news and always has been. He's a $hit ref.

Askren showed tremendous heart during the fight but he couldn't take Lawler down and at the beginning was getting absolutely destroyed. Lawler was VERY close to stopping him.

POTUS and Birmingham like this.
  3. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Bad call by ref blatantly, he knew it to Dean, everybody knew it. When Lawler is on form he is a pure wrecking machine, I don't think Asken would've been able to take that kind of punishment for long and mount a comeback

Francis75 and Brixton Bomber like this.
  4. The Funny Man 7

The Funny Man 7 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Another vote against the stoppage. Although a legit bulldog choke can put a guy to bed in a hurry, it didn't really look flush to me. More on the head/jaw than a tight squeeze on the neck. I think Askren would probably gas his arms out squeezing on that, especially after the beating he'd already taken.

Askren will probably get dealt with when he fights Masvidal.

elmaldito and Birmingham like this.
  5. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Masvidal will redeem robbie

6. shanemfr

shanemfr Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 29, 2004
    Pissed off with the UFC for not making Askren fight him again, typical Dana lies saying they were gonna run it back then they both fighting different opponents.