At this point in his career, who would give Usyk the most problems?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxingiq2020, Dec 5, 2022.

At this point in his career, who would give Usyk the most problems?

Poll closed Jan 5, 2023.
  1. Tyson Fury

75.5%
  2. Anthony Joshua

1.0%
  3. Deontay Wilder

6.1%
  4. Jared Anderson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Joe Joyce

12.2%
  6. Andy Ruiz Jr

1.0%
  7. Dillian Whyte

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Frank Sanchez

1.0%
  9. Otto Wallin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

3.1%
  1. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    I think someone, that we did not expect.

Fury is not that good and by the comments from Usyk, I can say that Usyk already knows how he will defeat Fury.

I think Sanchez can give a lot of problems for 5-6 rounds.

2. MrBarry465

MrBarry465 Active Member Full Member

Jun 17, 2021
    Lol ok pal, imagine still thinking "fury isn't that good"

3. MrBarry465

MrBarry465 Active Member Full Member

Jun 17, 2021
    Nah furys as he said is gonna write Usyk off for ya.

At least he might sort his teeth out afterwards.

4. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Usyk beat a 240 pound baby Joyce in a 5 rounder and looked pressed throughout.

He doesn't have them legs anymore.

TheWizard likes this.
  5. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    I think Fury is done form fighting competitively. He fights hand picked opponents who are old. Anyway the best reply here could be other. There are lots of good young contenders on the way up. In a year I say Usyk biggest threat is Hrgovic or Jalolov.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  6. DaRealJT

DaRealJT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 26, 2021
    A) Amateur boxing is so different from professional boxing that it has zero relevance to how a fight between Usyk and Joyce would play out today. You’re also completely ignoring how much Joyce has improved, both physically and skill-wise.

B) Usyk would obviously outbox Wilder, but Wilder was not outboxed by Duhaupas or Molina. To say that is ridiculous, I don’t know how anyone who has watched those fights can genuinely believe that.

NullaLexInk likes this.
  7. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Deus Vult Full Member

May 8, 2014
    Fury is a lot stronger than AJ. Don’t be deceived by the show muscles, AJ isn’t that strong. He has no concept on how to be physical in the ring. Uysk was even pushing him back at times. His ring IQ is lower than a potato. They’re not a similar size either. AJ while not on superhuman levels of gear only weighs around 235-240. Fury is 270.

8. PH|LLA

PH|LLA VIP Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Wilder I think as he has a devastating right hand which typically can be a problem for southpaws.

9. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Fury or Joyce of course. Mainly due to sheer size. The Dosser has fought trainspotters, drag queens and crab fisherman and the only time times he stepped in their with a prime world champion, even though he only fought a match fit version of them once, he got his ass whooped x 3 on his own soil.

Reinhardt and NullaLexInk like this.
  10. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    I agree with the people saying Joe Joyce is alot different to when he fought Usyk all them years ago, Joyce has improved and is alot bigger now, and with his pressure he would give Usyk problems for sure.

Wilder has a good power and his right hand is a good weapon against a Southpaw, but for me how good Wilder's power exactly is still unproven for me. He had Fury down multiple times and couldn't finish him, and he hasn't stopped any elite Heavyweights outside of a very old Luis Ortiz. If Wilder stops Ruiz who has shown a good chin, and is considered up there in the rankings then i'll stand up and take notice.

Fury's size and clinching would obviously be a problem for Usyk, but Fury is mostly unproven against a smaller skilled Heavyweight outside of Cunningham who gave him issues. Beating Wilder, Whyte, and Chisora doesn't tell me anything about how Fury does vs Usyk. But still obviously on paper it's the hardest fight for Usyk.

Overall i would say in terms of difficulty

1 Fury
    2 Joyce
    3 Joshua
    4 Wilder

NullaLexInk likes this.
  11. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    I think that's right, I could see Usyk having some success boxing against both men but at some point an exchange will happen that Usyk would be hard pressed to get through. In my opinion Usyk is more skilled than any other fighter in the division, but occasionally that's not enough.

NullaLexInk and Serge like this.
  12. Mickc

Mickc Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Usyks own words, “ Fury is the toughest fight “ .

NullaLexInk likes this.
  13. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    He'll have a lot of success against both and I'm not really worried about him getting involved in an exchange with either because he's super tough. I'm more concerned about him being able to hold them off for 12 rounds and not getting caught in too many exchanges.

Reinhardt and NullaLexInk like this.
  14. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Usyk is highly skilled. A once in a lifetime fighter. Fury probably gives him his biggest challenge due to Fury's size and athletic ability. But it is 'the fight' in boxing today.

NullaLexInk likes this.
  15. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Its probably that big bald headed slimey skinned Turkey Tyson Fury. Everyone else gets humbled by the great without much problem.