Atlas should replace Max Kellerman

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by He Hate Me, Aug 24, 2007.

1. He Hate Me

He Hate Me Active Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2006
    I had really High hopes for Max when he emerged on the scene. Don't you notice that Larry Merchant isn't getting bashed anymore on this site.I think now people are realizing just how good he is. You don't realize what you have until it's gone, not to say larry is fully out of the game with hbo, but you can sense that with no larry to compliment lamply hbo is in deep water. Max was struggling in his last two broadcast to formulate ideas. If hbo is smart they will lure atlas away from espn. If that doesn't work I wouldn't even mind if they bring roy back. anything but max.

2. Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean My nAmE IS MoNeY Full Member

Jun 19, 2007
    and if atlas struggles do we replace him with someone and if they struggle replace them

this is like a real madrid situation

someone who has arrived at the big time is still adjusting yet he is still bashed

**** sake kellerman is a good commentator

3. Guru_Too_You

Guru_Too_You ESB OG circa '99 Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Oh my god no.

Its bad enough that I have to hear the same thing repeated two thousand times in an hour when watching ESPN fights to get from one big fight to the other.

Please dont ruin the big nights of boxing with this *******.

And I've personally spent time with him. He's not a nice guy at all, and repeats himself just as much off camera as he does on.

4. Thread Stealer

Thread Stealer VIP Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    I thought you said Teddy was alright in person.

Are you on the anti-Teddy Atlas bandwagon? You can be the 2nd member.

5. Thread Stealer

Jun 30, 2005
    Despite the need to talk about himself, Roy was a good commentator IMO. It's too bad he burned so many bridges at HBO. For the most part, I enjoyed his commentary work.

6. Guru_Too_You

Guru_Too_You ESB OG circa '99 Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    His son was alright.

He was a dick.

The funny thing is the first night I met his son, he said his dad worked for Friday Night Fights and I almost said that I can barely stand to watch FNF because I couldnt stand Teddy.

Teddy Jr. might have knocked me out.

But yes, I'm on the bandwagon.

7. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    At least Atlas knows something about the sport. Virtually ANYBODY would be better than the unqualified Kellerman

However, Atas is hardly the guy they need at HBO. They need someone knowlegable and mature - but also polished. What they really need is a former journalist like Larry Merchant who paid their dues and consequently knows something about the sport - someone like Al Bernstein or Steve Farhood.

8. acb

acb De Camaguey... Gavilan Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    I like Atlas the same way I like cheep beer, sometimes and only on certain nights. He just istn refined enough to do the HBO shows. He is best on Friday night.

Max definently has to go though, Im in agreement.

9. acb

acb De Camaguey... Gavilan Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Yep.

10. Thread Stealer

Jun 30, 2005
    :lol:

No, Teddy is too repetitive and psychotic.

One thing I liked about Max is during Calzaghe-Bika, Bika did something dirty, and Lennox says "I wouldn't have done that". Max says "Michael Grant might disagree". After a long silence, Lennox says "no comment". :lol: Max should've brought up Acey as well.

Maybe if Teddy replaces Lennox, he can go on his rant about how they need a commission and how mismatches are a disgrace to the sport. Then Max can tell Teddy, "well, Elvir Muriqi might disagree".

11. box03

box03 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Atlas might repeat things more often than he should but i cant think of a commentator who knows or loves the sport as much as him. I dont see him adjusting well with the hollywood look of hbo, I would rather watch a fight on mute then have to listen to listen to an obvious homosexual who looks like hes nutting his pants while doing interviews with fighters like pretty boy floyd mayweather

12. tragicliston

tragicliston Active Member Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    I've never met him, so I can't speak to that side, but otherwise I'm right there with you. He's self-aggrandizing, reptitive and boring. I can't even watch Friday Night Fights with the sound on anymore.

13. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    I wish you were the commentator.:D

'Oh jeez, this guys gonna get KTFO any moment, god what a china chin'.:yep

14. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    That why HBO should go to the major leagues if they're gonna raid talent!!

GET AL BERNSTEIN. For crissakes he's the best in the sport and he, not this unqualified punk Kellerman, deserves to be at the top network in the sport!:yep

15. tragicliston

tragicliston Active Member Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Or, here's a thought: dump Max and bring back Larry.