Australian Boxing/SM Memorial thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by stiflers mum, Mar 3, 2018.

1. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Very sad news with the passing of the Shepparton Cowboy.
    Ben Damon Fox " Micheal Zerafa is as or more devastated than anyone this evening
    because the two men were close friends , they were preparing each other as two
    sportspeople do in training that's all it was. For him to end a sparring session with
    a body shot and his partner to head back to his corner and then collapse , it
    was just devastating for Michael and everyone else. To go on and see how this
    impacts the Aust Boxing Community , Michael and rest of the fighters we just have
    to wait and see. Its a utter tragic day and our condolences go to the Ritchie family,
    to the three young children ( three boys 6 , 5 and six months ) he leaves behind
    and everyone else devastated by the tragedy "

Shark Attack, JC40, PIRA and 3 others like this.
  2. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    I can't believe this. Rest in peace champ, you will be missed.

juppity and Sandman_ like this.
  3. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Yeah his punch resistance has gone completely to the point where he's vulnerable against virtually anyone as he ws hurt in round 1 before knocking Hoppa down soon after. Seems like a great guy and has had a good career but I hope he's getting good money against McKean as I can't see him winning there.

Sandman_ likes this.
  4. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Sad waking up to this news this morning,been horrible time for the boxing community of late.
    Rip Dwight you'll be missed

juppity and WhataRock like this.
  5. zoley

zoley Active Member Full Member

Jul 17, 2011
    RIP Champ.

juppity likes this.
  6. maco_187

maco_187 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2005
    Definitely carved out a good career, whyte fight I think for 5 rounds he took big shot after big shot & handled it well until the knock out blow since that fight he has been vulnerable in every fight.

Mckenzie vs Chua apparently fight of year could of gone either way from few reports, would be good to see kye active again, he's a very dangerous fighter but likes to brawl way to much he can actually box well. Few good domestic fights out there for both.

Luke Boyd called out Brock Jarvis, there's one thing about Luke he can put anyone's light out in his weight division

juppity, WhataRock and Inglis_1 like this.
  7. JOSEY WALES

JOSEY WALES Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 27, 2006
    This is truly a tragic and very upsetting turn of events the whole boxing community around the world feels your pain Australia , Condolences from Wales .RIP Young Man

Sandman_ likes this.
  8. PIRA

PIRA Arise Sir Lennox. Full Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Devastating news, RIP Dwight.

Sandman_ and juppity like this.
  9. ipswich express

ipswich express Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 22, 2004
    The whole fight is on YouTube. He seemed to get clipped with a couple but I’m not sure he seemed badly hurt. Hoppa can punch that’s for sure.

I actually hope McKean starts favourite in the fight. Not that he can’t win, he very well could. But so far his level of opposition hasn’t been great. His best win is probably Will Nasio. We haven’t seen how he reacts to getting tagged and you’d have to think at some point Browne is going to land on him.

10. ipswich express

Aug 22, 2004
    TOMLINSON’S $250,000 INCENTIVE

Former world boxing champion Will Tomlinson has added an extra incentive for Barry Hall and Paul Gallen ahead of their highly-anticipated bout.

The war of words between the two fighters has been escalating for weeks, and Tomlinson has decited to add an extra layer of pressure with a tempting proposition.

Boxing promoter Tomlinson has decided to offer up $250,000 for the victorious fighter to take on Jason Whateley, the Herald Sun reports.

This content is protected

Boxing promoter Will Tomlinson is putting up $250,000 to tempt either Barry Hall or Paul Gallen into fighting his boxer Jason Whateley.Source:News Corp Australia

“That $250,000 is on the table for the winner of Hall and Gallen to fight Jason Whateley on my Wildfighter promotion in Melbourne next March. Jason is a cruiserweight but he will happily fight either Hall or Gallen at heavyweight,” Tomlinson said.

Whateley is an Olympic boxer who won a silver medal at the 2018 Commonwealth Games at the Gold Coast. The 28-year-old is undefeated after six professional fights with five KO’s.

In pursuit of the Australian cruiserweight title, Whateley will challenge Daniel Russell on December 14 in Port Melbourne.

juppity likes this.
  11. maco_187

maco_187 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2005
    Just watched whole fight earlier might not have been as bad as I'm told but he was definitely hurt but let's not forget this is hoppa 9 x years out & his 2nd fight back with his first one kod by gallen who barely got touched. Anyways it's a big test for both, Dempsey a southpaw with decent movement should be good fight. Actually looking forward to it.

12. ipswich express

Aug 22, 2004
    Yeah I personally don’t think there was much in it. If you stand in front of Hoppa he’ll crack you and Lucas did a couple of times. He’s never been a great defensive boxer.

Like I said, Demsey might well win it, but I doubt he has the power to bother Lucas. He took an age to get rid of Oganov for instance and I just feel at some stage Browne will test his chin. I’m far from sold on McKean at this stage, simply because his level of opposition hasn’t been to that next step. This version of Hoppa would probably be in his top 5. Whereas you know what you’re going to get with Browne. Should be a good one to watch anyway. Browne’s career is on the line there.

13. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    * I always thought of Tim Tszyu as a well brought up young man despite a absence of a
    father figure . Saw him on Sunrise and he seemed very likable. This comment enforce's my
    opinion . " I was saddened by the passing away of Dwight Ritchie. Only fighters
    understood the bond shared between them , especially those who shared a ring
    together. RIP true champion. "'
    * Paul Gallen has 2 million reasons to beat Barry Hall. Sonny Bill Williams has in his
    10 m contract with Toronto Wolf Pack a clause that will allow him to fight most likely in
    Oct 2020.
    * Liam Paro WBO 2 seeking a fight with the formidable Jose Ramirez. Paro is talented
    but this seems mission impossible .
    * Isaac Hardman who is the main undercard on NBS 2 is facing an Argentinan who hasn't
    won a fight since 2017. Hosking Promotions get a pass after the withdraw of Brock Jarvis
    and Conor Wallace but no excuses next time for a very lacklustre undercard.

DONT B SCARED and Sandman_ like this.
  14. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    You might need to increase the offer. Gallen intends putting his hand out for $2 million against SBW if he gets past Triple B.

Maybe Jason Whateley could storm the weigh-in on Thursday & confront both guys face to face?

15. ipswich express

Aug 22, 2004
    Hahaha and call them both big dossers like Tyson Fury. Realistically neither of them are going to fight Jason. It was just a bit of publicity further exposing his name to the public. Don’t get me wrong, if the call came he’d take it if the pay was there.

Sandman_ likes this.