Australian Boxing/SM Memorial thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by stiflers mum, Mar 3, 2018.

1. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Look forward to seeing your list mate,Kambosos is definitely 1 of the top 10 fighters in the country currently but he's in a tough division and i think he's just a level below the best in the world and I can't see him beating any of the current champs,while i'd obviously love to see Lomachenko fight in Australia that fight does not end well for Kambosos now or ever,hope i'm wrong tho.
    It's good to see there is a bit of depth currently in Australian boxing with some real good prospects as well as guys already in a position to fight for and win world title next year or so

juppity and Sandman_ like this.
  2. sparta

sparta Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 4, 2008
    It is a long shot that george beats any of the current champs, lopez is a massive lightweight with bonecrunching power who is moving up after the loma fight in april. Lopez will soften up loma for a possible bigmoney fight downunder hopefully next year. A loss vs loma is fine, will raise georges profile plus a million dollar payday to set his family up for life. George is the much bigger man in that fight with the power advantage and shouldnt get damaged too much.

3. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Yeah I hope we get to see in Australia if it happens as we don't get many fighters the calibre of Lomachenko fighting and I hope Kambosos gets the big payday in what is a pretty much no lose situation as nobody expects him to win or even give the future HOF'er Loma much trouble but like you said if he does put in a good showing it will definitely raise his profile

juppity and sparta like this.
  4. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I would love to see Kambosos v Ryan Garcia

5. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Garcia and Dibella could bond over their hate of Goldenboy.

MidniteProwler likes this.
  6. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Would be awesome to see on the next Canelo under card.

sparta likes this.
  7. sparta

sparta Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 4, 2008
    That be interesting, don't know if they would want to risk that vs George though at this stage, fukn good to see but.

8. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    The Kambosas-Bey fight is online lads.

Love to hear opinions and scores from everyone else aswell.

9. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    * I now understand Zerafa frustration with the Hornet after spilling the beans on
    his paycheck's. MZ received 40 K for first fight and getting 120 K for rematch
    while a Title shot against Murata would have been 800 K.
    * Fenech is predicting Liam Wilson to be our next world champ. I agree as
    did Tim Tszyu revealed Wilson is our best prospect and compared his
    switch hitting to Bud. LW learnt this when he broke his hand .
    * BankWest Stadium is firming as the venue for Volkanoviski vs Holloway
    rematch.
    * No live Daniel Dubois fight this Sun Morn its a replay of Riakporhe vs
    Massey Sat morn fight.
    This content is protected

PIRA, DONT B SCARED, ohwat049 and 3 others like this.
  10. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    * Zerafa reckons he will come 7 / 8 kgs over MW limit by time they enter the ring.
    Zerafa into 1.28 and Hornet out to 3.45.
    * Fenech scathing words for Rushton and Johnny Lewis.
    " Horn might have improved as Rushton being away training Hogan for three wks. "
    " Rushton after personal glory ( win at all costs ) rather than the safety of fighters "
    Johnny Lewis ripped me off. Turns out his first manager was Colin Love ( future
    head of NRL ) and was introduced by JL. JF received 100 k for Title fights in Aust
    when he reckons after live gate and Sky Channel revenue he should have
    received 8 x more. As JF told later by Bill Mordey CL was co secret promoter.
    * Brock Jarvis heading to training camp Thailand after NY and hopes to fight
    again late Feb.
    * Volkanovski suspected broken hand so homecoming fight could be postponed.

ohwat049 and WhataRock like this.
  11. ipswich express

ipswich express Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but Jason Whateley defeated defending Australian champion Daniel Russell in 71 seconds. Right hand about 15 seconds in did the business. I'll try and find a link.

Inglis_1, ohwat049 and WhataRock like this.
  12. ipswich express

ipswich express Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 22, 2004
  13. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    @juppity Do you know if we will be getting Charlo Harrison and Davis Gamboa on Foxtel mate?

14. ohwat049

ohwat049 Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Could for first time in a long time do a top 15-20 fighters to watch (top 10s fine tho)
    Theres alot of decent fighters coming thru at moment, most with under 10 fights, few with more.... I cant speculate how ALL will go longterm however top 10 to watch 2020 could very well become top 10PFP in this country within 12-24mths....
    Id hate to do a pfp Aust list at moment, will look alot different 12/24mths which is actually somethn possitive to look fwd to in near future...
    Anyone interested in doing a top 10 past 40 years (since 1980) Aust p4p list (no bias, speculation, hate) since end of decade n 2020 about to begin... I can only get top 4 that dont change, would be very speculative from diff fans I imagine...

15. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Kambosos is easily Australia's best fighter followed by the Maloney brothers with the one who fought in the WBSS being slightly more proven. Then probably that Opetia. Tim Tszyu is improving but needs a real test to see what he is made of. Zerafa is a decent fighter he will beat Horn again but wouldn't pick him to beat any top rated guys at 160 or 154 but I think he is the kind of test Tszyu jnr needs by the end of 2020. Caparello has been an underrated Aussie fighter for a long time now.

sparta and ohwat049 like this.