Australian Boxing/SM Memorial thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by stiflers mum, Mar 3, 2018.

1. shanemfr

shanemfr Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 29, 2004
    There's a pattern of hatred to certain fighters from the Mundine brigade. Mundine constantly said he wanted Pac, Floyd, Cotto etc yet would then announce the next scrub he found at the Poker machines.

Daniel Geale as quiet as a mouse former Mundine foe, went on to win real titles. dared to do the things Mundine said he would, fought Cotto and GGG was badly beat but he stood opposite them in the ring...Was constantly slandered and called everything under the sun.
    Exact same thing happeining with Horn, i don't rate Horn, he is tuff and has a go.

Yet them daring to do what Mundine constantly spewed and never attempted has eaten some people away for over a decade and it's quite disturbing how it closed the Aussie section of the forum, now it has decayed this thread as well and turned it into a putrid sewer pit from Keyboard warriors living behind a screen.

JC40, DONT B SCARED, juppity and 2 others like this.
  2. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    * WBO no 1 Rohan Murdock will fight no 2 Zack Parker for the right to
    challenge Billy Joe Saunders on the undercard of Scott Quigg vs Jono Carroll
    Manchester March 7.
    * Was hoping Damien Hooper would be showing up on Horn vs Tszyu undercard.
    Turns out he back behind bar's after entering into verbal tirade in Toowoomba
    Magistrate Court early Jan.
    * Brock Jarvis and Fenech back in Thailand for training camp.
    * WBC regional fights now returned to 10 rds.
    * Huni vs Opetia and Opetia next fight.
    This content is protected

PS There are many Aust members on this Forum but few bother to contribute.
    WhataRock i see as one who contributes. Lets hope he comes back soon.

3. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Fantastic seeing Jai Opetaia & Justis Huni in the ring together. That would just about be the highest quality sparring you would ever see in this country. Opetaia is a very similar build to the #2 ranked amateur Super Heavy from Kazakhstan. And of course he's a southpaw. And a very good one. Tremendous to see even those brief snippets of action. Iron sharpens iron.

Luv the Stifler's Mum thread!

And bring back WhataRock!!

4. candlelitekid

candlelitekid Member Full Member

Jan 28, 2019
    Wrong Horn wanted the fight or he wouldn't of taken it he could of chosen someone else but he went cherry picking for all your alleged boxing knowledge you know **** all in reality

MidniteProwler likes this.
  5. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Yep exactly Mundine may have wanted the fight but he didn’t want the catch weight and the rehydration clause. I also find it amusing that those pointing out all the things Mundine did in his career as a reason to excuse Jeff Horn of his despicable behaviour.

candlelitekid likes this.
  6. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Yep I love the thread some people are a bit overly sensitive. This is boxing we are not all going to support the same fighters but for the sake of this thread I will put buster on ignore the same way Stiflers Mum did.

candlelitekid and Sandman_ like this.
  7. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    I am a Mundine fan but I agree that most of his career was ridiculous.

candlelitekid likes this.
  8. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    LOL Always enjoy the insults coming from a puppet of 1 of the sites biggest trolls.
    Your wrong as usual but you and your couple of mates are delusional and see things in a way only biased fan boy would see,it's clear who knows what around here and who the clueless clowns are

9. DONT B SCARED

Mar 8, 2017
    I respect Mundine as an athlete but he is a POS as a human being

10. PIRA

PIRA Arise Sir Lennox. Full Member

Mar 30, 2007
    As I stated earlier MZ is not the A side in Aussie boxing negotiation's as events have shown.

You might have $$$ to spare but others don't and MZ has to take what is on the table.

Want to call out someone - call out this A side shite mentality staining the sport.

candlelitekid and MidniteProwler like this.
  11. JOSEY WALES

JOSEY WALES Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Just been reading the last couple of pages and it's a shame a thread set up by IB as a mark of respect to our deceased online friend Stifflers has deteriorated into a s hit storm , come on fellers let's not get this window into the mad world of Australian boxing shut down like the old section did , this site and specifically this thread is a mine of top notch ( mostly due to Jupp ) info regarding Aussie boxing , just my two Bobs worth , good luck ALL and enjoy the fights .

zoley, JC40 and PIRA like this.
  12. candlelitekid

candlelitekid Member Full Member

Jan 28, 2019
    Your the biggest Muppet around here do you think Horn had a gun to his head when he signed the Mundine contract?

MidniteProwler likes this.
  13. DONT B SCARED

Mar 8, 2017
    No it was the easiest big money fight Horn could have taken,Mundine while obv past his best was a decent enough fight for Horns 1st fight moving up from Welterweight.
    Any fighter in Horns position would have taken the fight and if Horn is as bad as you and the other trolls make out,Mundine should have done better then getting blasted out in 1 round.
    This is prize fighting and these guys who risk there lives in the ring or cage deserve what they can get and I don't blame Zerefa or any fighter taking fights like this.
    Although as I heard somebody describe Lucas Browne, on here.
    "Mundine is beyond cooked.He is cooked,carved,eaten,scraped from the plate into the bin and taken to the tip"

14. PIRA

PIRA Arise Sir Lennox. Full Member

Mar 30, 2007
    On a positive note how was that footwork and hook from Garcia? Class act too - Fonseca was hurt even before that landed and that temple looked bad, hope he comes up good.

Need some Juppity updates to get back on track.

15. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Garcia v Linares next I am looking forward to that fight.

JOSEY WALES and PIRA like this.