Australian Boxing/SM Memorial thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by stiflers mum, Mar 3, 2018.

1. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    * Matchroom won the Ferocious purse bid . Hearn wanted to reduce purse from 150 k to
    100 k. But won the purse bid buy increasing offer for GK to 166 k. On this evidence GK
    will have to win in shutout to win dec !!
    * Maloney twins most likely to head to States to prepare for their Title bouts by the
    end of the mth.
    * Brock Jarvis vs Aust 118 lb Champ Mark Schleibs in the works. MS is 12 - 0
    8 ko and better than the Asian Taxi drivers Fenech has had him feasting on.
    * Joe Camilleri has a dig at his former trainer Rushton
    " Get a trainer like me who cares for me like i'm family , who hurts when i hurt ,
    pushed me to do better and gets satisfaction from seeing me secured when i
    win he wins , we are a team and we're in this together. Dundee Kim will always
    have my back and will do anything possible to see my suceed and leave the ring
    safely and in good health.
    Thank you Dundee i appeciate you alot.
    Your boxer Camako . "

2. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Horndog's path back to the top begins with two grudge matches:

1. Jack Brubaker - Trained by Jeff Fenech & inked by @MidniteProwler.
    2. Joel Camilleri - Trained by Dundee Kim.

If (emphasis on 'if') he wins those two, then move onto:

3. Bowyn Morgan - A Kiwi who needs another whoopin' by an Australian.
    4. Michael Zerafa - Surely a rubber match is in order after what happened in the first two? Surely??

If (that word again) he makes it four in a row, he goes:

5. World title eliminator or World title shot @ Junior Middle. Whatever he can get, really.
    6. Retirement, title shot or get ready to defend the belt.

That's how to finish off what should be a ten-year professional boxing career.

As matters presently stand, he's a couple of years short.

juppity, PIRA and MidniteProwler like this.
  3. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I didn't think of the Camilleri fight that's a good shout at this juncture I wouldn't be surprised if he beat Horn as Camo is tough with a good chin, its a 50/50 fight and they could sell it with the Rushton Kim rivalry.

4. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Another Funky chicken Horn. Rushton vs. Kim on the undercard.

Ben Horn vs. Anthony Mundine

Stacked card!

MidniteProwler likes this.
  5. juppity

Dec 28, 2016
    * Tim Tszyu now WBO no 2 at 154 lbs.
    * Horn vs Tszyu was a raging success but it has become a nightmare for the Stadium
    main tenants the Cowboy's who have spent 50 k repairing the turf.
    * Hannah Lawyers who once backed the Hornet are now one of Tszyu main sponsor ' s.
    * Matt Rose ambitous plans for Aust Boxing " It should be spoken like the NRL and AFL.
    Aust is a nation that loves its fights ". Would like nothing more than this to become
    reality. Matt lastest signing UFC fighter Tai Tuivasa.
    * Ben Kite W UD Tysinn Best and new Aust 147 lb Champ.
    * Waylon Law W UD Justin Frost new Aust 140 lb Champ.

Sandman_ and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  6. Sandman_

Feb 20, 2009
    I wonder who's next for Timmy Tool Train? Now that he's at #2 in the WBO rankings, he won't be that far off a world title shot. I hope Dennis Hogan gets the gig. He's well known in Queensland & his promotional outfit gave Junior a fight when he was on the way up when there was nothing in it for them. What goes around doesn't always come around in this sport but when it can it should.

I think WBO Champ Patrick Teixeira is locked into a fight with #1 ranked Brian Castano. The good news is that Castano has shown he's a fighter who's willing to travel. So the chances of a world title shot landing here next year must be decent. Timmy going after the WBO belt makes sense also. It's something that would distinguish his career from that of his father who never fought for that title.

One thing I really like about Matt Rose's promotions is they tend to announce Junior's opponents a long way out from the fight. That gives everyone plenty of notice who he's fighting and a chance for interest levels & expectations to build in the lead up to the fight. And for the opponent to establish a bit of a profile with the local audience. It's just a small thing but it's something I like.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    juppity likes this.
  7. juppity

Dec 28, 2016
    * With a world title shot so close it seems Matt Rose is taking the safe option for Tszyu
    with talk surfacing Rose is trying to line up a fight with Daniel Geale who is now 39 and
    hasn't fought in three yrs . Rose has also shown a reluctant to accept a challenge from
    Daniel Lewis who says he will fight Tszyu for nothing. I hope this is just talk and fight
    with Geale like Mundine vs Zerafa would be a serious blow to the credibilty of Aust
    Boxing.
    * Jim Kambosos " Ferocious Promotions was bidding to bring the eliminator to Aust.
    FP was taking the risk to host the event in Aust and went into the bid process with its
    own 260 K USD. ''
    * Arsene Fosso fight Canberra postponed to March next yr. This is down to be shown
    on Fox and most likely opponent Aust HW Champ Faiga Opelu ( who was to fight
    Fosso NBS Canberra ) . Opelu defend 's his Aust HW Title vs Solomon Haumuno Oct 2.
    * Joe Camilleri in talks to fight Wade Ryan.

Sandman_ likes this.
  8. Sandman_

Feb 20, 2009
    The story that Matt Rose is chasing a fight with Daniel Geale for Junior Tszyu is a work of fiction reported in the The Sunday Telegraph yesterday.

It was fed to the journo in question by the Daniel Lewis camp to get some cheap publicity. Lewis won't get a fight with Junior Tszyu b/c he doesn't have a world ranking & lost his last outing. He also doesn't have any money behind him which appears to mean that he can't get fights with anybody decent domestically the way Junior Tszyu has been able to.

I've said before that the strategy for developing Daniel needs to be more sophisticated than simply calling for fights with Junior Tszyu. Let's hope that it is & that we see him back in action soon.

I'd like to see an all-out Australian assault on the Junior Middleweight division. Junior Tszyu goes up the middle & takes the WBO belt. Horndog gets brought back & goes after the WBA. Daniel gets some decent wins domestically & goes after one of the others.

Joel Camilleri v Wade Ryan is a good fight. Let's hope we get that one & that it's televised.

juppity, PIRA and MidniteProwler like this.
  9. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I am almost positive that we will get Jeff Horn v Daniel Geale next.

Sandman_ and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  10. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Fab 4 in unison with @UnleashtheFURY have long forecasted this event. It is inevitable.

MidniteProwler likes this.
  11. PIRA

PIRA Arise Sir Lennox. Full Member

Mar 30, 2007

:duh

May as well give Danny Green a dip as well.

12. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Would not surprise me one bit.

I was only half joking here.

PIRA and MidniteProwler like this.
  13. juppity

Dec 28, 2016
    * Mateo Tapia vs opponent TBA Dubai Oct 9.
    * Kambosos Jr new date for Seby either last week of Nov or first week Dec.
    Ferocious currently training at Mick Akkawy Gym. With COVID 19 restrictions
    whether GK reunites with his State 's trainer Javier Centeno for this bout is
    anyone guess ?
    * This explains the absence of Boxing / MMA in NSW.
    " Combat Sports Authority of NSW will not consider AM Combat Sports until
    at least Oct. The CA will not also consider applications for Pro Combat Sport
    Permits at this time . " Adam Casseldon SC Chair Person Combat Sports
    Authority of NSW. The next meeting in the second half of Sept.

WhataRock and Sandman_ like this.
  14. Sandman_

Feb 20, 2009
    Aussie journos putting out lots of misinformation again yesterday regarding Junior Tszyu v Patrick Teixeira.

You seriously can't rely on them to get anything right. First they want to tell us that Tszyu's camp is trying to line up Daniel Geale for Junior. Quite obviously wrong but they go ahead and report it anyway. Then they are telling us a fight with Patrick Teixeira is almost done & dusted. Wrong again.

Imagine having a job where you can be wrong as often as they are & still get paid?

From now on, unless I read it on the Stifler's Mum thread, I'm not believing any of the fantasy land nonsense they are shamelessly peddling.

The Stifler's Mum thread is the only source of truth & accurate reporting on the planet when it comes to Australian boxing.

juppity, PIRA, JOSEY WALES and 3 others like this.
  15. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Aussie journos publishing incorrect and misleading information?!?!?!

I'm aghast, I'm shocked. I thought we had the highest level of journalistic integrity and transparency in the world.
    So the Grantlee Kieza Trophy for Sporting Journalism that the Walkley Awards was promising to include at this year's ceremony was all a lie!!!???