Australian Boxing/SM Memorial thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by stiflers mum, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Komaster

Komaster Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Sep 20, 2010
    It's surprising a Gallen win is so wide. But as you said there;s always the chance of a hunt flash KO. Maybe we are forgetting Hunt's chin. It's granite, and Gallen isn't delivering the force of a JDS head kick or Werdum knee. Maybe I have to re-asses my earlier prediction. Still my money is on a Gallen decision. The 2min rounds would suit Hunt, more rest intervals means he'll be able to swing for the fences.

MidniteProwler likes this.
  2. PIRA

PIRA Arise Sir Lennox. Full Member

Mar 30, 2007
    George gets the upset win!

MidniteProwler, sparta and Sandman_ like this.
  3. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    This content is protected

You gonna get crappy Australian beef jerky since you can't afford Japanese wagyu?

And what happened?

Phoney Baloney Moloney lost every second of every round while taking a savage beating before Inoue turned his lights out...

You think Team Baloney went out for sushi after or straight to the hospital?

sparta likes this.
  4. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Good win for Kambosos on the weekend I don't give him much chance against Lopez but if Lopez decides to move up and Vacate I could see Kambosos maybe picking up the vacant belt depending on the opponent. We all knew Moloney wan't going to win but I thought he showed a lot of heart we have all seen the Monster spark guys out in one or two rounds so I thought Moloney showed a good chin. Inoue is a top pound for pound fighter his class really showed he will have to move up in weight to be tested.

juppity, Sandman_, PIRA and 3 others like this.
  5. WinstonWindmill

WinstonWindmill New Member Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Agree with this. Inoue is an elite pound for pound guy, no shame in getting sparked out by him. You gotta take these fights and I think Maloney can be competitive against the rest in this division.

Kambosos win against Selby was solid but agree that Lopez, Tank, Loma are a next level above him. \

Anyway its good to see these guys out on the international scene.

juppity, Sandman_, PIRA and 2 others like this.
  6. sparta

sparta Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Yep sounds about right prowls, id like to see him fight that argentine bloke for the belt, i think he needs a couple more winnable fights to work on some things. If lopez does come off down under it would be interesting while it lasts, counter puncher vs counter puncher. Teo is a big strong mf, even selby looked bigger than george.

Big respect to jason maloney, gave it his all vs a beast. Rest, regroup, and back on the horse champ.

7. Pakkuman

Jun 26, 2019
    Where's the cowardly Aussie known as @Sandman_ ? He has to answer for Phony Boloney Moloney's failure to extend Australia's historical run against Asian fighters. He talked a lot of smack replete with racism and xenophobia, but it looks like he's gone into hiding.

I have a crow pie w/ creme feces and a piece of tuna nigiri waiting for him.

:deal:

8. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Like when Nedal Skinny Hussein KO'd Pacquiao with a jab

Sandman_ likes this.
  9. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Kambosos looked too small tbh maybe he needs to drop down one..

10. Pakkuman

Jun 26, 2019
    What does Pacquiao have to do with @Sandman_ talking smack, running from a ban bet, and then being exposed like freshman poon at a frat party? Are you concerned about @Sandman_ 's mental health and safety?

11. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Rewatched GKJ..no doubt he was the winner.

Selby threw a lot, missed a lot and when he did land there wasn't a lot on them.

Some positives to take out it for sure. I thought he let Selbs dictate the pace a bit to much though and in a perfect world that's fine because George was counter punching well and landing the harder shots..but boxing isn't perfect and you risk letting things get a bit close for comfort when you are in someone else's backyard.

Usyk fight went about how I thought it would.
    Im not as high on him at heavyweight as some others are but I really like him as he is a lovable character and offers a good mix of skill and action.
    I wish him well but he loses to an in shape Fury 99 times out of 100, Joshua beats him though I give him a slightly better chance there.
    I'd pick Parker and Whyte to beat him but wouldn't argue with someone who disagreed.

Maloney was brave af. Tried to get inside and take the fight from Inoue.
    Naoya is just a freak of nature though.

12. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Don't come in this thread attacking one of us Aussie boys punk you will get no support here. This is a memorial for our friend SM so I suggest you show some respect or GTFO this thread.

13. Pakkuman

Jun 26, 2019
    That's sweet. I'm touched. Not really. But If you want to support and help @Sandman_ , I suggest you teach him some much needed lessons on accountability as well as advice on how to be a man and taking his beating like one.

That's if his quivering sushi ass ever comes out of hiding.

:jump:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    glass shatters likes this.
  14. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Making light of a thread about our deceased friend shows what a real POS you are. Hopefully you get banned for this. If you want to talk to Sandman send him a PM. This is not the place for it little man.

JOSEY WALES, Sandman_ and PIRA like this.
  15. Pakkuman

Jun 26, 2019
    I have no idea who SM is and didn't know that this was a thread dedicated to him. I apologize and will pardon myself from this thread. See? Accountability.