Australian Boxing/SM Memorial thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by stiflers mum, Mar 3, 2018.

1. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    yeah i don't think anyone out of Hardman, Hunt, Huni or O'Connell gonna lose so yeah most of the Queenslanders should prevail here

Sandman_ likes this.
  2. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    * Justis Huni revised schdeule .
    * March Herman Ene Purchell
    * May Alex Leapai
    * July Lucas Browne ( Lonegran '' Lucas has signed the contract '' )
    * July 23 - Aug 8 Tokyo Olympics

Inglis_1, MidniteProwler and Sandman_ like this.
  3. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Good stuff Huni not hear to mess around. He must have some good backing to be paying for good opponents at this stage in his career. I am assuming Lonergan wants Huni as his next star now that Horn is pretty much finished.

Sandman_ likes this.
  4. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    I have a DAZN account now how about you guys? It was only $3 to sign up. It lags pretty bad and it is not my connection because my Netflix, Stan and Youtube accounts run perfectly. Do any of you know if the Canelo and AJ fights are now DAZN exclusive or will Foxtel also pick them up?

5. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Singh v Hardman is a pretty entertaining scrap so far

Sandman_ and WhataRock like this.
  6. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Singh is a hassle for anyone.

I think he might be edging ahead.

juppity, Sandman_ and MidniteProwler like this.
  7. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Another robbery in QLD

8. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Huni would stop Lucas Browne within 2 rounds

Shark Attack, WhataRock and Sandman_ like this.
  9. shanemfr

shanemfr Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 29, 2004
    Huni looked good. How do you stop it when the other guy still throws and wasn't rocked. if you stop every fight if you get hit 3 times in the head then boxing would never go past 4 rounds.
    Typical Aussie boxing, protect the prospect.Then when you're not protected and the other fighter gets a 2nd wind back they fall over due to not going through it themselves.

10. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Very decent card. Cashed Huni under 5.5 rounds, O'Connell wins by Decision and Hunt KO/TKO but lost on Kennedy. Still decent profit here today. Huni looks pretty good. Very curious what he can do at the Olympics next year.

Sandman_ likes this.
  11. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I thought the stoppage in the main event was premature. Yes, Justis won all the rounds, but a few more of the same intensity would have done him a world of good. They could have let it run for another couple at least. In saying that, the other guy was getting hit hard & I'm not a fan of people taking unnecessary punishment for the entertainment of others. Maybe they could give him another shot before the Olympics next year?

I suspect Arsene will prove to be a better opponent than some of the bigger names Justis has lined up.

I didn't score Tej Singh v The Headsplitter. It's too hard scoring Tej Singh fights so I find the best approach is to just sit back & enjoy the action.

I enjoyed Andrew Hunt's win in a wild shootout. I think he beats the national champ who we saw later in the evening.

Enjoyed the women's fight also. The girl who was matched with Shannon O'Connell showed real grit to get to the finish line. Well done to her.

Finally, honourable mention to Teremoana Junior who looked pretty good in his professional debut at Heavyweight. As well as appearing to have plenty of boxing ability, he's got a bit of personality & charisma about him as well. If they can get him some decent fights, I think he can be something. Particularly if he keeps training & sparring with Justis Huni. He's only 22.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  12. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Teremoana's opponent had a good set of hooters on him

Sandman_ likes this.
  13. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    * Dennis Hogan fight cancelled because J Rock has tested postive to COVID 19. DDP say's discussions have begun with Liam Smith fight next yr.
    * WBO no 2 Liam Paro will be fighting Terry Tzouramis March 5.
    * State of Origin Townsville Mid Feb will most likely have Justis Huni fighting Herman Purchell. Melb Storm enforcer Nelson Asofa Solomano vs Junior Paulo or Josh Papalii. Turns out Paulo and Papali are buddies throwing a spanner into the works. Long term Nelson would like to fight Darcy Lussick.
    * Tai Tuivasa after cornering Hunt fight will head to the US for a extended camp at the AKA Gym of retired UFC Champ Dennis Cormier. Tai " The plan is to go there and keep fighting "
    * Signed to DAZN and it has a pretty bad lag . Feedback on the net its the norm for now and let's hope they can overcome this teething technical difficulties. Subscribe to DAZN news letter and they says Joshua , GGG , Canelo and Garcia fight's for International subscriber's is exclusive .
    * Above Info subject to change .

MidniteProwler, Inglis_1 and Sandman_ like this.
  14. Komaster

Komaster Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Lonnergan must have a bad heart and his clock is ticking. Hence why he's trying to make money out of Huni quickly.! HEPurcell is no push over, neither is Leapai

15. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Purcell will be Huni's easiest opponent. I think Huni gets him out of there early. Leapai will give him rounds but get outclassed at the same time.

Sandman_ likes this.