Australian Boxing/SM Memorial thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by stiflers mum, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Like you, I just saw an extended highlights package (15 mins worth). That told the story though. The only thing I'd disagree with about what you said is his punching power. There looked to be plenty on them from what I saw. He's physically very strong & that buzzsaw attack is unrelenting & energy sapping. Style-wise & in terms of physical dimensions, the most similar guy we have (or did have) is Daniel Lewis. Junior Tszyu's management team may want to pencil Lewis in as an opponent b/c Castano is on a different level to Teixeira.

Castano has what Tim the Toolman doesn't - an extensive international amateur background including wins at the 2011 World Amateur Championships, a win over an Olympic finalist from 2012 & a win over Sergiy Derevyanchenko in the 2013 World Super Series (or whatever it was called). Compare his nearly 200-fight international amateur career with Junior's 35-fight domestic amateur career. He's also now won both the WBA & WBO Jr Middle world titles & remained undefeated as a pro in doing so. At 31, he doesn't look shopworn at all. He looks fresh as a daisy so our bloke is going to have his work cut out in beating him. Pole-axing blokes in the first won't be of any help to our guy in terms of preparation, I'm afraid.

Let's hope the real WBO Junior Middleweight champ, Dennis Hogan, can give our bloke a decent workout next month. If Junior isn't extended, he needs more fights before stepping up against Castano.

Our bloke does hold a couple of aces - the fight will presumably be out here & our bloke's a winner. Not sure if a pair of aces will be a winning hand against Castano though. Particularly given Castano would be coming out here holding a couple of aces of his own having faced much higher quality opposition both as an amateur & pro. I still like Junior's chances, but it ain't going to be easy.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  2. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Well that's not very nice. I do not discriminate any customers. BTW I think Gallen has a premiership tattoo and that's about it. I think you are just upset because you know that there is no QLD footy player that could beat Gallen in a fight.

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  3. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Yes I watched the whole fight on DAZN. Castano is a good fighter he is tough but also has good boxing skills. I would like to see Tszyu fight Hogan and then another step up fight before fighting Castano whose is very dangerous. I liked Tszyu's chances better against Texiera.

4. ipswich express

ipswich express Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Likewise, watched it on DAZN. For $3 a month, quit any time there really is no reason why every boxing fan in Oz shouldn't have it. Castano looked tough and durable. A lot will depend on whether Tim has the pop to keep him off him. Great fight if and when it gets made. I'd be surprised if Castano isn't favourite with the bookies.

Sandman_ and WhataRock like this.
  5. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Gallens a grub but he's obv tough a SOB and it goes without saying that Gallen, especially having trained full time as boxer,obviously beats pretty much any footy player from anywhere in a boxing match which i assume what you meant when talking bout a "fight".

6. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Way more QLD players that are grubs than NSW at least Gallen can actually fight. Can't say the same for the supposed QLD enforcers like Hodges, Thaiday & Papali. What happened to that grub McGuire? Didn't have the balls to back up his words? Even Junior Paulo would smash every Queensland player.

7. DONT B SCARED

Mar 8, 2017
    :facepalm: You clearly have no idea what you talking about when it comes to rugby league,just stick to your awful opinions and analysis of boxing,the thread needs a good laugh now and then

8. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    That is your standard response when you know you are wrong. "You have no idea about boxing/NRL/MMA" LOL you can't even have a proper debate almost as bad as that numb skull buster LOL.

9. DONT B SCARED

Mar 8, 2017
    It probably would be easier to just provide your posts trying to talk about mma to go along with your comical discussions about rugby league today and in past, then have debate with you about ridiculous obv topics like Gallen being better fighter then any qld players lol

10. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    It is funny hearing QLDers like you call NSW grubs when it is obvious that QLD are the dogs and scumbags. It is the dodgiest state in Australia when it comes to sports and seeing you deny it is hilarious.

11. DONT B SCARED

Mar 8, 2017
    Nah unlike you i call a spade a spade and admit if i get something wrong,plenty of scumbags both sides obv

12. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Just signed on Ippy. Totally meant to last week.

Farked off Kayo, that was $25 and I only really watched the boxing on it.

ipswich express likes this.
  13. Seppala

Seppala New Member Full Member

May 24, 2018
    Still a bit cut from State of Origin bud?

14. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    You joined in 2018 and decided to make this your first post :lol:

Sandman_ and johnny_o like this.
  15. ipswich express

ipswich express Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 22, 2004
    I’ve kept KO. I think Fox have really improved their content the last few years. Regardless, I think DAZN is superb.