Australian Boxing/SM Memorial thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by stiflers mum, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Yup, it was the same with Parker here a few years back. The time will come for Tszyu to go abroad, but for now, he's better off fighting at home, as is Justin Huni, getting local support behind them, instead of fighting on random US undercards in the middle of nowhere against the same, if not, weaker opposition.

WhataRock and Sandman_ like this.
  2. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    I'm quite a bit surprised they gave Wilson a tough guy like Noynay. Noynay is on a hell of a run beating the living crap out of two really good Japanese fighters and also looking extremely good against Ogawa in the first few rounds. Is Wilson ready for that at this point? Judging it by his last few fights i'm not so sure tbh. He was hit wayyyyy too much and waaay too clean by some domestic Aussies in his last few. If Noynay lands the same amount of clean shots he might drop Wilson and stop him.

3. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I hope you are right. Wilson is a jerk off and I hope that he is KO'd

4. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Noynay paying $5..thats worth a flutter I'd say.

5. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    I see Tszyu v Spark is for the Commonwealth title too.

6. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    For sure. I have some money on Noynay at +450 as well. Looks like a steal. To me the fight looks 60/40 Wilson based on the home advantage in Australia but skill-wise i just don't see how you favor Wilson.

7. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Also IMO Wilson is packing a glass jaw I remember seeing him hurt in a few of his early fights and he is not a hard target to find.

8. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Looks like official weights are in boys and we are all good to go for tomorrow.

These are Uncle Rock's pick for the fights tomorrow.

I will forgo a pick for the ladies fight. Lindstrom wasn't ready for the pro ranks the first time I saw her but she has picked up a win since and like a lot if woman I've seen train over the years she will probably put a lot of the boys to shame with her dedication and willingness to learn.

Miles Zelewski vs Lee Fook

Zelewski wide UD

Shame we didn't get to Showtime on the card but I actually think Miles could have been a bogey fight for him.
    Don't let Lee's record fool you, he is an absolute mad man in the elbows and knees game. A ton of Muay Thai experience. So don't be surprised if you say "Fook me" with how well he goes.

Sam Ah See vs Czar Amonsot

To close to call. Gun to my head Ah See on points.

All things considered this should be a well matched fight.
    Sam had massive wraps on him in the am's, couldn't quite tighten it all up for the pros but is still unbeaten.
    Been out a long time and Czar is a special fighter with heavy hands even at the end of his career.

Wade Ryan vs Troy O'Mealey II

Ryan TKO 9 or 10

I reckon Wade rolls him late in a good action fight. O'Mealey has a fighters mentality and solid skills but physically Wade has it over him here.

Liam Wilson vs Noynay

Joe Noynay KO8

I'm betting on the upset, like several here have said is a real possibility.
    Good to see Wilson risk his 0 against a formidable opponent that will lift his profile and ranking if he can get the win. I think a lot won't appreciate that.

Tim Tszyu vs Steve Spark

Tszyu Train TKO 6 - 8

Massive big ups to Steve for taking the fight and he has absolutely no pressure on him. I think he will give people's their monies worth.
    Tszyu has trained to fight a completely different fighter here so he might take some time to adjust against the faster and more nimble opponent.
    But ultimately even if Steve give him some issues the difference in conditioning will show at some stage..

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  9. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    What time do we reckon all those might start, about?

I have been a fan of Czar of Bohol for years (hell, since before he was even based in Oz!) but if he's that early then might have to give him a miss. The card runs from 6m-10:30pm local time in NSW, aye? That is 4-8:30am my time, don't think I'm game for anything before the rooster crows (6 or 7ish).

Will probably wind up catching Wilson vs. Noynay and the main event.

JOSEY WALES and Sandman_ like this.
  10. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    The telecast starts at 7pm Australian Eastern Standard Time. It's a decent undercard but you can probably miss the first couple which takes us through to about 8:30pm AEST. Tune in from then I reckon & you won't have missed much (although you will have missed the Czar of Bohol). Can't say I've ever seen the other guy fight so perhaps he has a decent chance of winning. He looked past it when beaten up by Andrew Hunt although Hunt is good so who knows.

juppity, JOSEY WALES and WhataRock like this.
  11. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    So about ten hours from now? Ah, that's when ESPN'S coverage begins as well, figured they were only showing the business end of the card.

Sandman_ likes this.
  12. JOSEY WALES

JOSEY WALES Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Setting an alarm quiet enough not to wake my Mrs is a task I've mastered over the years being a boxing fan from the UK IB , to tell the truth these Aussie cards are a treat for me as I get chance to go MIA from work to watch these Aussie Cards .
    Love getting paid to watch Baxin .

Sandman_, juppity, Dannymita and 2 others like this.
  13. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Life's little pleasures...I get in the back of a trailer and "repair the curtain" while I watch fights with my headphones in...boss has no idea lol

Sandman_ and JOSEY WALES like this.
  14. JOSEY WALES

JOSEY WALES Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 27, 2006
    I've been the works Hide & seek champion for the best part of 20 years now Dan . Lol

piprules and Dannymita like this.
  15. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    They gotta sweep up the broken glass in the ring from Wilson’s jaw before the main event