Australian Boxing/SM Memorial thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by stiflers mum, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    What's the story here MP ? I certainly hope the FAB 4 debt collections agency doesn't need to be called.

2. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Is D.Berry still being used as muscle on retainer for the agency?

Francis75 and MidniteProwler like this.
  3. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Hey mate, yeah this @DONT B SCARED kid has been running his mouth on here for years about how tough he is and how much money he makes on the punt he has sent me numerous threats via PM and now that he made a legit bet with another forum member and lost he has vanished like a cowardly backslapper and I doubt he will ever return.

4. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    I hate people that don't honour a gentlemanly bet. How much/what was the bet ?

5. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Well...i explain it to you guys.

At the end of 2020 i was in a discussion with @DONT B SCARED about a random fight if i recall correctly. He was calling me out for some BS and claimed i'm a fraud and have no idea about boxing and all that stuff.

After some exchanges we agreed to settle the rivalry with a bet. The bet was about Kirk's Prediction league (that's a league here in the Forum which is about picking like 20-40 fights each month with the winner and method, the topic is a sticky one at the top) and who's finishing higher at the end of 2021.

As you might know him he was passive-aggressive all the way and explained me that he's a former pro Poker player and made unbelievable cash and also is betting on fights and he's basically swimming in money like Scrooge McDuck. He didn't know that i'm a full time gambler on Combat sports (mostly MMA but also boxing) and earn my livings with doing tape studies all week long so he probably underestimated me.

Well, i responded that i have no problem in making things a bit greasier so we added some financial aspects to the bet.

We agreed that the person who finishes higher at the end of 2021 will get $1000 from the other person. It wasn't enough for him so he wanted another $1000 on the line if somebody finishes on top means if one of us WINS the whole league he gets $2000. I was accepting that and we finally started the bet in January and picked those fights.

What should i say? I gave him a whoopin and was like 10-12 "points" ahead in April and he just disappeared and never came back since then. He probably has created a new account though.

I don't think you will ever see him again. He's a loser who acted tough in the WWW.

The saddest thing is though...i'm #2 in the league only 2 points behind the leader and it was all for nothing. I'll finish the league but really lost my motivation to contribute as i'm playing for nothing now...

**** him.

This was the last time i made a bet with some random clown in the WWW. Two weeks ago another clown called me out with another bet (only $100 tho) and i declined the bet because i have no interest in wasting my time.

6. WhataRock

Jul 29, 2004
    Interesting to see Matt Powell is back this weekend after a very long hiatus.

He was a rumble, tumble scrapper in his time.
    Probably fought above his talent level because he had a tough style to contend with.

MidniteProwler likes this.
  7. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    He gave Elomar the business back in his day, he would have to be in his 40's now?

WhataRock likes this.
  8. WhataRock

Jul 29, 2004
    I'd say 46 or 47 by now. He debuted when I was still in school.

Elomar is fertiliser.

MidniteProwler likes this.
  9. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    * Demsey Mckean is heading overseas to train at Matchroom Elite Boxing Gym under Tony Sims Jr .
    * Huni after next yr CMW Games in Glasgow hopes to hang around in the UK and have one or two pro fights.
    * DAZN in the UK is increasing from 2 pound to 8 pound . Wonder if this will filter to our region ?

johnny_o and Sandman_ like this.
  10. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    There's currently a maximum of 8 pro fights rule in order to maintain 'amateur' status & fight at the Olympics. It's why Jalolov only had 8 pro fights prior to the Olympics. Any more & he couldn't have taken part.

So we can expect another three pro fights from Justis Huni & three big amateur tournaments over the next three years. I wouldn't complain about pro fights with Junior Fa & Hemi Ahio out here & a fight in the UK with someone decent following the Commonwealth games next year.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    juppity likes this.
  11. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Welcome back mate I hope you get back into boxing full time as stated your knowledge has been missed.
    I like Usyk for the upset as I think ever since the Klitchko and Ruiz fights AJ has fought a lot more cautious and seems a bit fragile so even though Usyk is not a huge puncher at heavyweight I can seen him countering AJ clean and hurting him. It is worth a bet as Usyk is paying $3 with sportsbet.

Francis75 likes this.
  12. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Guys, how good is Opetaia? This is Aussie CW division boxer today ranked #3? by IBF.

13. WhataRock

Jul 29, 2004
    Actually Middy I wanted to discuss something with you regarding the AJ-Usyk.
    And with @Francis75 back in the mix I think we can get some real traction on this.

What about Uysk's haircut and how will it affect the outcome?

He has shaved it all off. Is the crew cut the ultimate slick haircut? And do you expect any oohs and aahs from the females in the crowd?

14. JOSEY WALES

JOSEY WALES Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Mate if he parks Josuha up Slick will be getting a few oohs & aahs off me .I myself much to the vexing of Mrs Wales rock a decent crew cut .

15. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    If Usyk were to rock his original slick haircut AJ would be in serious trouble. I believe Usyk was banned from rocking such slick haircuts as it was too much of a distraction for the ring card girls they couldn't do their job properly they were busy marveling at Usyks slick haircut saying "Oooohhhh and Aaaahhhh"