Australian Boxing/SM Memorial thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by stiflers mum, Mar 3, 2018.

1. KelandBeave

KelandBeave Fab 4 Full Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Bit stiff not to get the stoppage, i heard the interview after fight and he said he didn't go for the KO..... He had him that last 30s of rd 12.

MidniteProwler likes this.
  2. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Definitely heard a few oohs and aahs in the crowd.
    Despite the lack of slick haircut.

Fair dinkum one of sweetest victories I've seen in years. And I don't dislike AJ at all.

3. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I bet he would still beat the **** out of Ben Horn though.

WhataRock and MidniteProwler like this.
  4. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Billy Dib has signed to fight Jacob Ng for early 2022 not a bad domestic fight at lightweight. I actually favour Dib even though he is pat his best that’s what makes the fight semi interesting as I don’t rate the Flamingo very highly when it comes to boxing skills.

juppity and WhataRock like this.
  5. WhataRock

Jul 29, 2004
    Yeah definitely packing that QLD glass.

Ioane had him absolutely gone in the 1st of their fight. If he had one sliver of technical ability he might have been able to finish it.

He is an ok domestic level fighter. But seems like another tall fighter who doesn't know what to do with it.

juppity and MidniteProwler like this.
  6. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Yeah and I think Dib is experienced enough to know this and possibly exploit it as long has he is not to far gone he might be able to shatter some more Queensland glass.

WhataRock likes this.
  7. WhataRock

Jul 29, 2004
    Been a great year for QLD glazers.

8. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    It's great watching a truly elite boxer in action. Glad he wasn't robbed on the cards.
    Was Joshua always a bit overrated ? Losing and getting completely destroyed by the obese Ruiz and now losing to the cruiserweight king is a very bad look for the huge Joshua.
    How do you guys think Usyk would do against Fury ? He would obviously outclass Wilder and make him look like a joke.

Another thing why oh why had Joshua-Fury not happened by now ? Just another example of a huge showdown that never happened. That's the problem with boxing, always has been.

9. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    The more I think about it this would actually be a fair match up. Ben Horn is bigger so his glass jaw might be able to stand the smaller Hatton kids feather fisted attack. The fight would have to be on neutral ground as Horn gets robbed in the UK and Hatton would get robbed in Queensland.

10. JOSEY WALES

JOSEY WALES Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Mate Hattons boy would have had to get parked up not to have won that fight as he's padding .

11. JOSEY WALES

JOSEY WALES Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Mate the swag must be too good not to wait around for , gutted for George **** like this can stall a promising career as we saw with Jai .

Sandman_ and WhataRock like this.
  12. prasake

prasake New Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Hi Folks - may not be the best place to post but I'll throw it out nonetheless. I have some boxing VHS tapes that I'm happy to give away (yes VHS ancient i know!).

Happy to give to pass it on to anyone who wants them. Can meet up and give you in Sydney CBD once restrictions ease.

Titles include: Leonard v Benitez, Leonard v Kaule, Duran v Hagler, Holyfield v Bowe I, Athens Olympics Ward / Khan gold medal matches, Hagler v Leonard, Dela Hoya v Quartey, Holyfield v Tyson 2, Delahoya v Moseley 2.

Appreciate tonnes of this is on youtube nowadays, but let me know if of interest

13. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    * Paul Gallen next fight against Manly front rower Josh Aloiai Gold Coast Fri night Dec 15 on Foxtel Main Event.
    * Zerafa vs Hardman in heavy talks for Dec bout in either Melb or Bendigo.
    * Justis Huni to have warm up fight in Jan / Feb before fighting Junior Fa .

Sandman_ and MidniteProwler like this.
  14. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Zerafa Hardman and Hunit Fa is great match making but can't cop Gallen going back to beating up novice footy players.

juppity, WhataRock and Sandman_ like this.
  15. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    * Demsey Mckean off to Portugal to join Dillian Whyte for sparring.
    * Brock Jarvis being sparring with Devin Haney and hoping to make US debut on Canelo vs Plant undercard.
    * Liam Paro being sparring with two weight Champ Cuban Rances Barthelemy.