Australian Boxing/SM Memorial thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by stiflers mum, Mar 3, 2018.

1. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Hopefully he is an exception to the QLD glass like Briggs and Katsidis were but that sparring clip was pretty damning. I also read he got no stoppages in his whole amatuer career which is rare for a heavyweight who had as many fights as Huni did.

2. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    I've seen him get at least one. He dropped a Jamaican, or from somewhere in the West Indies, in 2019 worlds. Stopped him in 2.

Not heaps surprising he doesn't have a lot of stoppages as an am.

MidniteProwler likes this.
  3. WhataRock

Jul 29, 2004
    Get the ouzo out to drink and plates ready to smash malaccas. In under one week we will have another title coming home.

This content is protected

MidniteProwler and Sandman_ like this.
  4. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    * Two time Aust Champ Ricky Rayner has died. Ricky funeral will be held at Leuia Memorial Gardens at 2 pm Fri 26 Nov. RIP Ricky.
    * Two of Aust boxing most promising prospects won with two first rd stoppages on Sat.

Sandman_ and WhataRock like this.
  5. WhataRock

Jul 29, 2004
    Damn Teremoana has got some handspeed for an absolute giant.

ipswich express and Sandman_ like this.
  6. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Teremoana is a phenomenal talent I reckon. Big, strong, fast & athletic. Based on his pro debut, he's also got a lot of personality & charisma that will appeal to a wide audience. Foxtel should get behind that kid, put him on their shows & build him up. Justis Huni can be the shooting star of Australian boxing in the H/W division. But if things don't quite work out, it would be good to have this bloke up our sleeve as a back up.

Hat off to the bloke who stepped into the ring with him as well. Not only for having the balls to do so but for actually giving it his best effort while it lasted.

ipswich express and WhataRock like this.
  7. WhataRock

Jul 29, 2004
    GKJ winding down on Saturday night after he defeats Teo.

8. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    I just have this gut feeling Kambosos is going to win. Lopez is a quality fighter and his win over Loma who I believe was injured was still impressive but to me there seems to be something off about the kid. I think he is a bit of a mental midget for a pro boxer he and his father are very narcissistic and I think it will be there undoing. Kambosos was verbally owning him at all the press conferences and Teo had no idea what to say. Kambosos wasn't having any of Teo's phony tough guy baller shtick, in fact he called him on it and Teo carried on like a kid throwing a tantrum. I think he couldn't believe a guy he probably hadn't heard too much about in Kambosos was talking smack. He probably thought Kambosos would just sit there quietly and be the opponent that was grateful to Teo for the opportunity.

WhataRock likes this.
  9. shanemfr

shanemfr Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 29, 2004
    I'm wondering if Nik Tszyu is getting back into it with the $$ signs in the eyes. Seeing his brother has made huge money once going to PPV after starting as a curtain raiser. Nik can probably get into the money quicker with some can crushing on Tims PPVs.

The casuals will lap it up with 2 of them to follow.

MidniteProwler and zoley like this.
  10. ipswich express

ipswich express Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 22, 2004
    That Teremoana fight is from last month. He’s back in action in a fortnight’s time, against Hunter Sam. Uncertain whether it’ll be part of the televised portion of the card though.

11. Sandman_

Feb 20, 2009
    Interest from 'casuals' i.e. mainstream sports fans is where the money is. If you've got no appeal to the mainstream, no-one, particularly the media will pay you any attention. You'll end up fighting in anonymity even if you are challenging a unified world champ who is one of the best P4P in the world. The money to pay you will also need to come from elsewhere b/c it ain't coming from here.

I think we might see The Tool Train campaign in the US next year. If Team Tool Train have been told the new Undisputed champ won't be coming out here, Timmy needs to be over there facing live opposition until he's given his shot. Tim being over there will also give Nik some clear air here. I must be a casual, btw. My favourite guys to follow will be the 2 Tszyu's, Justis Huni & Teremoana if they can get him on tv.

Throw in Jai Opetaia, Conor Wallace, Mateo Tapia, The Headsplitter, Andrew Hunt, Liam Paro, Steve Spark, Harry Garside (who already has a significant profile), George, all of our Junior Lightweights & the Moloney bros & there's plenty to keep a domestic fight fan interested. The hard part is getting casuals to know who they are so people take an interest in their careers, they get put on tv & can make some money.

WhataRock and johnny_o like this.
  12. Sandman_

Feb 20, 2009
    Gotta feel slightly sorry for Nikita Tszyu before he even begins his pro career. He's not only going to have to put up with everyone saying "he's not as good as his dad", he's going to have to put up with everyone saying "he's not as good as his brother".

And how long before @zoley comes in here complaining that he hasn't faced anyone in Boxrec's top 150?

MidniteProwler and johnny_o like this.
  13. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Just read there was an altercation between Kambosos's Dad and Lopez Dad I am sure the video will be doing the rounds soon.

WhataRock likes this.
  14. WhataRock

Jul 29, 2004
    Haha

Kambo Snr sent him packing. Typical wannabe hard guy, complained when he got manhandled and talked big once he was safely across the room.

Lopez Snr is loud as a motorbike but couldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight.

15. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    I am sure he will have the likes of Ben Damon and the Aussie commentary team playing his rusty trombone.