Australian Boxing/SM Memorial thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by stiflers mum, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Hahaha. Just watched the announcement of the decision again & the ref raised Lopez's arm after the ring announcer said "he's still undefeated...". He forgot to wait for "and the NEW!" Haha.

2. JOSEY WALES

JOSEY WALES Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Gold lol

WhataRock and Sandman_ like this.
  3. ATP

ATP Fringe Contender Full Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Teo & his Old man can **** right off… Arrogant morons.. Glad to see him loose the belts and standard practice of disgracing yourself in defeat on live TV… Daddy Lopez stroked his sons ego too much

4. Komaster

Komaster Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Sep 20, 2010
    After the Selby fight I didn't expect much from Kambo tonight but he definitely rose to the occasion and delivered a courageous performance. Lopez had it all wrong going in and couldn't get into a rhythm. Kambo was leaping in at will with those double left hooks and Lopez had no answer and timing non existence. I think Kambo had just enough power to keep Lopez from really pouring it on, so he was stuck in two minds throughout. Kambo just grafted away, nothing fancy, just a well worked game plan. He leveled up tonight but damn, was Lopez in all sorts, partial credit goes to Kambo for that.

5. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    That was the icing on the cake. Teo just embarrassing himself further and George's calm, pointed response was excellent.

6. MrBarry465

MrBarry465 Active Member Full Member

Jun 17, 2021
    I was tripping on acid at a smoking area of a club when I heard some bloke watching it on his phone and it topped off a great evening.

Proud Aussie here!

WhataRock likes this.
  7. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    * Brilliant performance by GK putting Aus Boxing back on the Global stage where it righfully belongs and deserves.
    * No rematch clause so Haney , Shakur Stevenson and Garcia calling out GK . My preference is Garica as style wise a great fight.
    * Opetia new opponent Dec Daniel Russell with Bredis after March.
    * Zerafa shot a exclusive Fox story ( coming soon ) meaning a Hardman ( now no 11 WBO ) on Fox next yr.

8. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    When I saw that live I thought FMD they have robbed him but then he said the New! It was awesome. Diamante is an ok announcer but a lot struggle reading the cards properly like prime versions on Lennon Jnr and Buffer.

Sandman_ likes this.
  9. KelandBeave

KelandBeave Fab 4 Full Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Well done mate, i knew you had a big opinion of him, i had a lazy $20 on BetFair just before the fight paying $11.... you got rorted taking $6

MidniteProwler likes this.
  10. KelandBeave

KelandBeave Fab 4 Full Member

Jun 27, 2013
    No doubt the big right end of first rd changed the whole fight, Teo was walking through GK and if that didn't happen, Teo might have got the stoppage in the next rd..... but that's boxing and well done GK.

Komaster likes this.
  11. WhataRock

Jul 29, 2004
    Has anyone else watched GKJ dropping Teo in the first round about 17 trillion times? :D

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    ATP, ipswich express, JSpizz and 3 others like this.
  12. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    That is one of the best moments in Aussie boxing history. Surely there will be a mural somewhere in Sydney with that image of Lopez on his ass with GKJ standing over him.

13. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Just when you thought Aussie boxing couldn't get any better after Kambosos's win over Lopez we get Gallen v Lussick. Yeah boy! Aussie boxing the gift that keeps on giving.

WhataRock and KelandBeave like this.
  14. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    It was a thing of beauty.

This content is protected

juppity, WhataRock and MidniteProwler like this.
  15. WhataRock

Jul 29, 2004
    And the ageless Sam Soliman fights again before the year is out.

What a time to be alive.

MidniteProwler likes this.