Australian Boxing/SM Memorial thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by stiflers mum, Mar 3, 2018.

1. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    "He's looking for the big Kabosh!" "It's good night Irene!"

WhataRock likes this.
  2. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    His wife's name is Irena funnily.

MidniteProwler likes this.
  3. maco_187

maco_187 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2005
    Cost of living pressures Haha

WhataRock likes this.
  4. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    [url]https://t.co/N9gDhYIELb[/url]
    Opetaia signing with who next then ?

Sandman_ likes this.
  5. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Fark No Limit really put the squeeze on Lonergan.

Sandman_ likes this.
  6. Steve Austin

Steve Austin Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2023
    "He is expected to defend this title in Melbourne next month."
    Looking forward to that one.
    Would suspect Jai would sign with Matchroom or maybe Boxxer, not No Limit

Also, Liam Paro maybe on the Matchroom card on May 20, in Dublin, Ireland

ohwat049, WhataRock and Sandman_ like this.
  7. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    I think Big Daddy is going to KO Miller

WhataRock and Sandman_ like this.
  8. zelky

zelky Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 4, 2007
    Trying to work out when the show starts. Not that I want to see the main event...I want to see Dana Coolwell's fight.

The show starts 1:00pm ET, which I think is 4:00am Sunday morning (Sydney) if you can find a stream for the below TV.

TV: ProBoxTV.com @ 1pm ET (USA & Australia);
    ESPN Knockout (Latin America)

ohwat049, WhataRock and Sandman_ like this.
  9. ohwat049

ohwat049 Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Brown payin $5.30 is tempting tho…
    I thought about it but Im not touching it…

10. The G-Man

The G-Man Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2020
    I am.
    Why not?

ohwat049 and WhataRock like this.
  11. Daz_F

Daz_F New Member banned Full Member

Nov 19, 2022
    Because he’s already dead. He just hasn’t fallen over yet. Miller will kill him.

12. ohwat049

ohwat049 Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Im with you in spirit… Id be wrapped if he got up… Bit too much of a “gamble” for me and my money… I thought about somethn small but I’ll pass….
    Not telling anyone to bet or not to bet however, Aussie at those odds in a fight like this is tempting…
    Taking into account no damage or age from this fight, Id give Lucas, even this age, a shot at winning 2 in 5….
    ….. plus, for my money, A. side of promotion and any type of testing i have no idea about.. All things being equal, $5.30 odds good value on the aussie??

The G-Man likes this.
  13. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Browne got stopped in the 6th by Miller from the clips I saw it was an all out slug fest

Sandman_ likes this.
  14. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    BOXING SCOREBOARD - AUSTRALIA v THE WORLD

AUSTRALIA 7
    Alex Winwood
    KO 4 Tibo Monabesa (Indonesia)
    Brock Jarvis KO 4 Marlon Paniamogan (Philippines) (Paniamogan appeared out-weighed by at least two weight divisions).
    Darragh Foley TKO 3 Robbie Davies Jr (United Kingdom)
    Sam Goodman UD10 TJ Doheny (Ireland)
    Paulo Aokuso UD10 Yunieski Gonzalez (Cuba)
    Tim Tszyu TKO 9 Tony Harrison (United States) Wins Interim WBO Jr Middleweight title
    Dana Coolwell UD8 Hasibullah Ahmadi (UAE / Afghanistan)

THE WORLD 3
    Emanuel Navarete (Mexico) TKO 9 Liam Wilson (27 second delay after Wilson scored KD. Wilson made to weigh-in nearly a full weight division below the house fighter). For WBO Jr Lightweight title
    Charly Suarez (Philippines) TKO 12 Paul Fleming (Fleming dropped & stopped in the last minute of a 12-round fight while ahead on the scorecards. Where are the American 27-second long-count referees when you need them?)
    Jarrell Miller (United States) TKO 6 Lucas Browne (Brutal fight. Lucas could knock out almost any human being on the planet. Not sure why they matched him with one he couldn't. Courageous effort, nonetheless.)

UPCOMING
    Floyd Masson
    v Fabio Turchi (Italy) for the IBO Cruiserweight title on 1 April
    Jai Opetaia v Mateusz Masternak (Poland) for the IBF, The Ring & Lineal Cruiserweight championships
    Jason Moloney v Vincent Astrolabio (Philippines) for the WBO Bantamweight title on 13 May
    Cherneka Johnson v Ellie Scotney (United Kingdom) for the IBF Super Bantamweight title on 20 May
    Dennis Hogan v James Metcalf (United Kingdom) for the IBO Jr Middleweight title on 20 May
    Andrew Moloney v Junto Nakatani (Japan) for the WBO Jr Bantamweight title on 20 May
    George Kambosos v Maxi Hughes (United Kingdom) for the IBO Lightweight title in June
    Michael Zerafa v Erislandy Lara (Cuba) for the WBA Middleweight title
    Demsey McKean v Joseph Parker (New Zealand) for the Southern Hemisphere Heavyweight title
    Stevie Spark v Gabriel Valenzeula (Mexico) for the Montana Love Whoop-Arse title
    Tim Tszyu v Jermell Charlo (United States) for the Undisputed Light Middleweight Championship

AUSTRALIAN BOXING BLING
    Jai Opetaia
    (IBF, The Ring & Lineal Cruiserweight championships)
    Dennis Hogan (IBO Jr Middleweight title)
    Tim Tszyu (Interim WBO Jr. Middleweight title)
    Ebanie Bridges (IBF Bantamweight title)
    Cherneka Johnson (IBF Super Bantamweight title)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
  15. Steve Austin

Steve Austin Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2023
    Dean Lonergan's statement on Court decision.

No knockout blow
    Friday's decision in the Supreme Court at Brisbane was no knockout blow for Opetaia.
    At best it was a Pyrrhic victory, a victory that inflicts such a devastating toll on the victor that it is tantamount to defeat.

D & L Events sought an interlocutory injunction against Jai Opetaia to prevent him from terminating their promotion agreement.

Although the Court found the balance of convenience sat with Opetaia the second and more important orders that D & L sought were made.

They are to the effect that the dispute is to continue expeditiously with D & L Events to file their statement of claim by 24 March 2023.
    The decision yesterday was not final. The matter has a long way to go in the Court.

Mr Tim Matthews MBE KC appearing for D & L said that his client will be proceeding with the litigation as ordered in an expeditious manner given the circumstances of urgency to minimise damage to Opetaia continuing to run foul of International Boxing Federation rules.

Mr Lonergan of D & L described it as a Pyrrhic victory as included in the evidence before the Court was correspondence to both D & L and Michael Francis, the long-time manager and friend of Opetaia, from Daryl J Peoples, the president of the IBF, which confirmed that continuation of the dispute which the Court has ordered will render Jai Opetaia unavailable.

The wording in the IBF correspondence was unambiguous.
    Whether Opetaia signs with another promoter or not, pursuant to IBF Rules, until his contractual dispute with D & L is resolved he will be considered unavailable to defend his title.

He will be considered unavailable for the mandatory defence of his world title, and remains at risk under IBF Rule 5.D.1 (b) of having recognition of his title withdrawn.

McGrain and WhataRock like this.