Australian Boxing/SM Memorial thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by stiflers mum, Mar 3, 2018.

1. KelandBeave

KelandBeave Fab 4 Full Member

Jun 27, 2013
    China chin Brock Jarvis is a joke....... He's the Kalyn Ponga of boxing

2. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    No Limit will need a coroner on standby for Brock

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  3. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I saw Fury at Suncorp in a Maroons jersey he would have to be the only ironed chinned man to wear it

Mr Icaman, Sandman_ and WhataRock like this.
  4. zelky

zelky Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 4, 2007
    Crystal ball time. I need this **** out of my head.

What's going to happen at 154 pounds in around 12 months time?

Will Tim have the full WBO belt? Or will he face Charlo and win, and get all the belts?

Will Charlo fight Tim? If not, the WBO will strip him and give the full belt to Tim.

Will Charlo dump the belt, hoping to defend against a soft touch because he's been out for so long, before a mega fight at Crawford, who will move up to 154 to fight him?

Crawford and Spence will both end up moving up to 154lbs in the future after their fight/s. And they're going to be looking for belts.

If Tim still has the WBO belt, or any version of the 154lb titles, he's pretty much guaranteed a big money fight against either Crawford or Spence down the track.

WhataRock and Sandman_ like this.
  5. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    The Houston Hare will vacate the titles after the organisations refuse him a medical exemption for menstrual cramps.

MidniteProwler and Sandman_ like this.
  6. WhataRock

Jul 29, 2004
    MidniteProwler and Sandman_ like this.
  7. zelky

Sep 4, 2007
  8. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    MidniteProwler and WhataRock like this.
  9. Sandman_

Feb 20, 2009
    So who do we want to see Tyson Fury fight if he makes a title defence out here? The legitimate options I reckon are Demsey McKean, Jai Opetaia, Joseph Parker & Lucas Browne. My vote goes to Jai Opetaia. An undefeated, reigning world champion who is closer in build & style to Usyk than the others. I can't really get excited for the Demsey McKean fight. Joseph Parker or Big Daddy would be acceptable also.

MidniteProwler likes this.
  10. Steve Austin

Steve Austin Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2023
    I saw an article in the Courier Mail and Fury say that Jai is too small and Justis is too raw with only the 7 fights.
    Says that Demsey is the front-runner.
    Tall, southpaw and world ranked
    Parker v Huni would be great on the under-card
    Ebanie B??
    Maybe Liam Paro and Stevie Sparks.
    Guessing that if it were to go ahead, it would be co-promotion between a Top Rank, Queensberry and Matchroom .

11. WhataRock

Jul 29, 2004
    That last sentence makes me nervous we will never see it come off.

Steve Austin and Sandman_ like this.
  12. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Would be a huge step up in class, likely too big... But Jarvis has one of the worst chins in boxing. So wouldn't be a shock to see Tszyu run over him.

Sandman_ and MidniteProwler like this.
  13. Sandman_

Feb 20, 2009
    I reckon Nikita will be swatting flies for a while yet. Presumably Brock thinks his chin issues may be associated with dramatic weight loss & would like to give the sport a go without engaging in that practice. If he stays upright against Nikita, he may be onto something. If, as expected, he gets swatted like a fly, it's time to find something else to do for a living.

I saw the National title fight at Junior Middle & the winner, who was from an MMA background, had a very unorthodox style. 95% (perhaps more) of the punches he threw were right hands out of an orthodox stance. Never seen that before but he managed to win against Victor Nagbe. I think Nikita swats him inside of a round as well. One decent straight left through the guard should do it.

Victor Nagbe, who lost the national title in that fight, actually looks a bit more physically robust & might be a better opponent in terms of getting him some rounds.

I can see why they're keeping Nikita in 6-rounders for the time being. There's a big gap between these blokes & the likes of Wade Ryan, Koen Mazoudier & Ben Mahoney who are possible bridging fights for Nikita before taking on international opponents.

Last edited: May 27, 2023
    MidniteProwler and WhataRock like this.
  14. zelky

Sep 4, 2007
    Fury talked up a fight in Australia in September just to go home and send Joshua a contract for September in England...lol. WTF.

Sandman_ and WhataRock like this.
  15. WhataRock

Jul 29, 2004
    We just got gypsied.

MidniteProwler, zelky and Sandman_ like this.