Australian Boxing/SM Memorial thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by stiflers mum, Mar 3, 2018.

1. NoChin

NoChin Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 1, 2023
    Guys is Coleman a sneaky chance at pulling off an upset? I've put like 5 bux on him at 5-1. Face value and gut feel is he's got a shot against Hardman.

What do guys reckon?

2. NoChin

Aug 1, 2023
    Great K.O wins for Schleibs. Emotional afterwards. Good on him. Good to erase that K.O demolition on the Tszyu-Ocampo under cards. He's been through a lot in his life the commentators said. I'd be interested to know what it is.

Good on him for speaking out.

3. NoChin

Aug 1, 2023
  4. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    So important The Magic Man won. Good on him.

5. NoChin

Aug 1, 2023
    About time we have Goodman next fight announced. Should have been in Wollongong.

Wilson vs England locked in too co-main event. Going to be a cracker.

6. NoChin

Aug 1, 2023
    They have it all. Conditioning mentally, physcially and spirtiually.

It wasn't just fitness that won Nikita the fight. It's an iron will and mindset and toughness and determination. As well as the physcial attributes and ring I.Q. He was getting tagged at will that that right hand. Then it was Nikita who was countering that right hand, and Biggs other weapons in his Arsenal.

Levels above.

7. NoChin

Aug 1, 2023
    And if you're suggesting theyre taking performance enhancing drugs then I suggest you stop being negative and jealous. Then maybe you will be a tad like them. Like, just a bit.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
  8. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Who should Nikita fight next? I'd like to see him in with Ben Mahoney followed by Wade Ryan. Both tough fights for him at domestic level. Win those, and then maybe a couple of 'international' domestic level fighters. Sergei Vorabev, the former Russian Junior Middleweight champ, could be one. Billy Dib's guy, Mounir Fathi, may have blown his chances of being another last night. Maybe Danilo Creati who went okay against Michael Zerafa? Or even Dennis Hogan sometime next year. He might be good for another payday. If Nikita's still unbeaten after a dozen fights against that type of opposition, he will have earned a fight against a world class opponent.

9. like a boss

Jul 30, 2012
    Some good suggestions there but I doubt he will go anywhere near Wade Ryan. Ryan's 22-11 record would make it look to the casual that it is an easy fight, not worth paying for. But the reality is Ryan is very hard work and dangerous. Tim knows that first hand and I would be very surprised if team Tszyu let Nikita anywhere near Ryan.

Sandman_ likes this.
  10. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Brandon Grach's KO over Talivaa was brutal. It was a hell of a fight for 2 rounds. You can see that Grach is vey skilled he is an interesting story, apparently was a decent amatuer then didn't box for over 10 years and has comeback now and won two pro fights after shedding a ton of weight. Good addition to the domestic heavyweight scene.

Sandman_ likes this.
  11. Sandman_

Feb 20, 2009
    You're a nobody in this country at Junior Middleweight if you haven't faced Wade Ryan. Nikita will have to fight him.

12. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I love the Wade Ryan fight for Nikita maybe at the end of next year I reckon it would be a war. If I was Jeff Horn I would consider coming out of retirement to fight Nikita. Maybe have a quiet tune up fight in Queensland and comeback for a cash grab against Nikita.

Sandman_ likes this.
  13. Sandman_

Feb 20, 2009
    After beating Ben Horn, I'd like to see Nikita go after his family.

MidniteProwler likes this.
  14. Sallywynder

Sallywynder Member banned Full Member

Apr 3, 2022
    Dont get me wrong, i like Nikitas style. Go forward, make it a fight. All action, last man standing and all that.

But he hasnt got a plan B. When He gets in with a world class puncher, hes gunna get hit, probably KOd. His corner have some work to do with his head movement, footwork, defence and willingness to take punches to give them.

I wanna see him get hit less, have some self preservation, take pride in speed of avoiding attacks, his footwork, head movement and lateral movement. Watch some tapes of Jersey Joe Walcott. That style of movement would suit Nikita. As of right now, hes a dangerous punching bag. A world class fighter who can bang, will seriously fk him up.

15. like a boss

Jul 30, 2012
    It would make for a great fight but Nikita will turn 26 in January and I think they will plot a bit more carefully and a bit more internationally, next year. But we'll see.