Australian Boxing/SM Memorial thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by stiflers mum, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Ok guys how are you ? Thought I would look in and see how Aussie boxing is going and I can't say I'm surprised. Two complete unskilled BUMS headlining a PPV Hopoate - Gallen with the overrated Tszyu bum on the undercard. Nothing changes,Aussie boxing a complete joke. The FAB 4 have carried this sports for the last few decades, I don't know why we bother. We should relocate to the States or Europe where our boxing knowledge would be appreciated.

Are there any fighters who are legitimately above bum/journeyman level ? Any at all ?

2. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I am well my friend how are you? As per usual you are correct the PPV bum show this Friday is a disgrace and a complete laughing stock for real fight fans. I see that bum Jeff Horn is desperately trying to stay relevant.

red_roo and Francis75 like this.
  3. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Aust LW Champ Jacob Ng fighting for IBF Youth Title March 16. A win would get Ng closer to a world ranking.
    Making debuts on the PPV Feb 8 undercard. Punono Lopeti who was a former NSW LHW Champ and Tongan National Champ with international exp.
    Ebanie Bridges a 2 x National Golden Gloves Champ and State Champ 2018.
    Ferocious sums up the feeling 's of true boxing fans.
    https://www.sportingnews.com/au/box...rl-george-kambosos/15xydxdjkwy71111pjkpnsyy0x
    Gallens replies.
    https://www.sportingnews.com/au/box...ate-george-kambosos/2ssnre6w1jtv19n1n5gbbielm

This content is protected

Sandman_ and red_roo like this.
  4. red_roo

red_roo Active Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2018
    She's Kool .*

Sandman_ likes this.
  5. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Have the Geales kid and the Solibums kid retired or are they still expecting Anthony Mundine to pay them a wage ?

MidniteProwler and red_roo like this.
  6. red_roo

Nov 17, 2018
    Year Daniel out King Solomon maybe trying to hang on in a deep hole . I reckon his out U can't even hear there Voice anymore .

7. red_roo

Nov 17, 2018
    TAB SPORT BET Tszyu is $ 1-11 Varsell is $ 13-00 . Tapai is $1-15 Copland $ 4-70 . Jerkic is $1-25 Lucas $ 3-75 . But I'm not betting just be watching da Fight's come Friday .

Sandman_ likes this.
  8. WinstonWindmill

WinstonWindmill New Member Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    so which Australian boxers can compete at world level (whether they can win a belt or not).
    my list of our only potentials:
    Moloney boys, Jason Moloney fought pretty well against Rodriguez in the bantamweight tourney. Andrew has a eliminator coming up so we will see if he is any good on the first step up.
    George Kambosas Jr - now being promoted by Lou Di Bella and getting good sparring overseas as well as with Pacquiao. Still need to see if he can handle a step up in competition.
    Bilal Akkawy - also basing himself overseas and getting good sparring, need to see if he can make the step up

anyone else? I really think anyone with potential needs to get out of the domestic scene which is a joke.

juppity, red_roo and MidniteProwler like this.
  9. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Agree with this the Australian boxers you mentioned are the only ones with a chance to compete at world level.

red_roo likes this.
  10. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Gallen vs. Hopoate (absent from the ring for nine years, mind) is somehow main event over Tszyu vs. Vassell, HOW?? :lol:

...and 70 AUD for the PPV???

red_roo and Sandman_ like this.
  11. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    can't find the RBR thread for this card for some reason..

red_roo, Sandman_ and aussie opinion like this.
  12. JOSEY WALES

JOSEY WALES Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Hello lads , What time is tonights card on local time ?

13. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    The fights have been run & won, Outlaw. I didn't get a chance to catch them myself.

Some highlights are here: https://www.foxsports.com.au/

JOSEY WALES and red_roo like this.
  14. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Main Event cards are hardly ever viewable beyond Oz's borders. :nusenuse:

red_roo likes this.
  15. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Another win for Tim the Toolman to go to 12 and 0 with 10 kayos.

It wasn't for the vacant Commonwealth title & nor should it have been b/c the other guy wasn't good enough.

I don't think there's been much wrong with Tim's progress to date although we're all keen to see him matched tougher from now on.

It looks like Anthony Mundine is going to continue his career & fight Michael Zerafa next up. Good fight for both of them. For Mundine to see if he has anything left & for Zerafa to collect a decent payday, raise his profile & build the case for other domestic fights of consequence down the track (Jeff Horn, for example).

Tim Tszyu should be aiming for a showdown with the winner at year's end.

In the meantime, I'd like to see Tszyu get a couple of decent 10-rounders under his belt. How about the American Ray Robinson who was out here last year to spar with Horn & Wale Omotoso who fought all of his early pro career out of Australia? Both have been inactive of late but are very well credentialed. Tszyu would learn a lot from fighting them.

juppity, red_roo and IntentionalButt like this.