Australian Boxing/SM Memorial thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by stiflers mum, Mar 3, 2018.

1. ipswich express

ipswich express Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Sandman_ likes this.
  2. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Gents I've done a 7 leg Multi on the boxing this week I put $200 at $4.25

Johnny Fisher to KO Babic
    Kelvin Davis to beat Johnson
    Manuel Flores to beat Arambulet
    O'Shaquie Foster to win a decision over Conceicao
    Shakur to beat Harutyunyan
    Zepeda to beat Cabrera
    Sam Goodman to beat Luangphon

Sandman_ likes this.
  3. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Some bad news this week on the Olympics front. I've been hanging out for the Olympic boxing tournament this year, particularly the Super Heavyweight division where we were all but certain of a medal. Teremoana Jr has been the best performed Super Heavy in the world this year having won gold medals at international tournaments in North America & Europe. He's also annihilated blokes who won medals at the last Olympics & regional Olympic qualification events. I had him certain of a top 3 seeding for the Olympic tournament meaning he would have avoided a matchup with reigning Olympic champ Bakhodir Jalolov until the medal rounds. The seedings came out this week and Teremoana has been seeded 5th. In and of itself, that wouldn't have been a major issue but in their infinite wisdom, the genius's organising the Olympic boxing tournament have seen fit to seed Jalolov 4th. That means Teremoana will have to face him in the second round of competition. Seeded first is the American who hasn't had a fight all year & who 'won' his Olympic qualification tournament by walkover. Seeded second is a Brit who lost to a Brazilian this year who Teremoana has beaten three times. Seeded third is an African who Teremoana pole-axed in 80 seconds. This was a certain Olympic medal for us that has been put in jeopardy as a consequence of incompetent, if not corrupt, boxing officialdom. Australia left the IBA to get away from corrupt amateur boxing officiating. At least with the IBA you only got screwed by the judges. The new crowd appear to be screwing us over by stacking the deck before the tournament even starts.

WhataRock and thehook13 like this.
  4. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Anybody checking out Walters-Danso?

5. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Boxing at the Olympics is f--cked at the best of times.

MidniteProwler and Sandman_ like this.
  6. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    This is nothing new Sandman. The powers that be have always had it in for us and will do anything to stack the deck against us.

It's going to be that much sweeter TJ makes it to the medal rounds knowing what he had to endure to get there.

Sandman_ likes this.
  7. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I'm really p'd off about this, WaR. Teremoana should have been seeded top 4. The bloke from Africa, who Teremoana swatted like a fly in 80 seconds, should not. The other countries with seeded fighters in the Super Heavy division will be very happy about this b/c none of them have to face either Teremoana or Jalolov before the medal rounds. Teremoana's just going to have to beat Jalolov & then go on with it.

WhataRock likes this.
  8. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Just saw the weigh ins for tomorrow nights fights 47 year old Barry Hall looks like he has been to Shred City lad

WhataRock and Sandman_ like this.
  9. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Conceiciao mess up your parlay.. bad decision imo

WhataRock and MidniteProwler like this.
  10. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Yep I was not happy I couldn't believe it they usually don't rob the US fighter in the States haha

WhataRock and pincai like this.
  11. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    That was a terrible decision.. I was also pissed.

MidniteProwler likes this.
  12. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    I was gonna back Scott by KO I heard he was doing alright in sparring from a few lads but I just saw him on the mitts at the open workout he looked like total ass. Big Bazza still looks sharp and obviously knows how to box if he can survive Scott’s early onslaught I reckon Bazza by decision. But also wouldn’t surprise me if Scott blasted the old fella out in a couple rounds haha the 20 year age gap is a serious factor.

WhataRock and Sandman_ like this.
  13. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Hall and Scott found plenty to dislike about each other in their little sit down chat with Damon.

WhataRock likes this.
  14. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    WhataRock likes this.
  15. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Bazza's physique for his age is astonishing.
    Looks in excellent shape.

I don't think he has any punch resistance left though.

MidniteProwler likes this.