Australian Boxing/SM Memorial thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by stiflers mum, Mar 3, 2018.

1. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    GOLD for Harry Garside

Harry Garside won the 60kg division, fefeating Manish Kaushik (India) 3:2 in final.

2. like a boss

Jul 30, 2012
    SILVER for Jason Whateley

Jason Whateley lost the 91 kg final to David Nyika (New Zealand) 0:5.

3. like a boss

Jul 30, 2012
    GOLD for Skye Nicholson

Skye Nicholson won the 57kg division, defeating Michaela Walsh (Ireland) 3:2 in the final.

4. like a boss

Jul 30, 2012
    Silver for Caitlin Parker

Caitlin Parker lost the 75kg final to Lauren Price (Wales) 1:4.

5. like a boss

Jul 30, 2012
    The 13 member Australian boxing team won 3 gold, 2 silver and 2 bronze medals.

Sandman_, Russell, C.J. and 1 other person like this.
  6. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Not too shabby.

7. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Ive been AWOL from the forum for a few weeks thanks to the tornados here so Ive only just learned the news about Stiflers Mum. He was a solid poster loved the sport & he will be sorely missed R I P Stiflers Mum

8. boranbkk

boranbkk "ไม่ได้โม้นะ" Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Why oh why do people train in Phuket.... I really don't get it, unless they're on holiday? Aussies seem to love Phuket & Samui. Phuket is doss city. I remember Katsidis used to like it. Not being negative in SM's tribute thread but honestly curious.

IntentionalButt likes this.
  9. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Brisbane boxing trainer Gareth Williams sent his rising star James MacDonald to partake in a training camp in Philippines. Said '' There are many benefits to training in hot conditions including improved blood flow and heightened metabolic rate. Training away from home gives a level of seclusion and ability to focus completely. "

10. like a boss

Jul 30, 2012
    3 gold, 2 silver and 2 bronze was an improvement on 4 years ago where the return was 2 gold, 1 silver and 0 bronze.

2014 provided us with Andrew Moloney, who is now highly ranked by a few of the professional organisations and heavyweight Joe Goodall, who turned pro recently with a first up win.

It will be interesting to seewhat 2018 provides us with. Time will tell.

IntentionalButt and juppity like this.
  11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    I think @boranbkk meant there are other Thai cities that would be preferable to Phuket.

boranbkk likes this.
  12. boranbkk

Feb 19, 2012
    Sure I get that. I just mean of all the places to train in Thailand, Phuket, Samui @ Pattaya have way too many distractions, especially for people unfamiliar with Thailand. BKK has more gyms, high calibre and way less distractions.

PIRA and IntentionalButt like this.
  13. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Yeah those are more the glitzy touristy places, right? Not where you would find the best hardcore fight people to be training with.

boranbkk likes this.
  14. boranbkk

Feb 19, 2012
    Absolutely, it's all booze, beaches & bitches! The moment you walk out the gym there are all sorts of temptations on offer... not exactly conducive to focusing a young fighter on his training. :lol:

15. like a boss

Jul 30, 2012
    Can vouch for that. We spent time on some quiet Thai islands last year before ending our trip in Phuket. It was the place I liked least by a long way and no place for a young fighter looking to take his career seriously.

boranbkk likes this.