Back to boxing after long recovery

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by AHussain, May 27, 2015.

1. AHussain

AHussain Member Full Member

Dec 24, 2014
    Im back to boxing tomorrow after 5 months or long injury. I got the clear from my physiotherapist that I can go back cant wait.
    I will take it easy and focus on conditioning then back to sparring

2. AHussain

Dec 24, 2014
    I had really bad tendonitis and tennis elbow on one and golfer elbow I think.
    I went through physio and basically stretched and rested it is 90% better I have the go ahead from physio but im still going through physio it is not finished yet

3. AHussain

Dec 24, 2014
    should I go to the gym in the morning and do cardio or save my energy for boxing. the boxing is 6 pm

4. AHussain

Dec 24, 2014
    I went boxing today it went good. I did 4-5 rounds skipping and lots of shaddow boxing.
    My technique is poor to say the least but im trying to improve my form before I attempt power shots it would be silly get the basics and also improve endurance

My forearms tendons felt good no pain just slight shoulder pain not used shoulders in long time maybe thats why

5. AHussain

Dec 24, 2014
    training was good today going for a jog tomorrow I will be sparring thursday looking forward to that

6. AHussain

Dec 24, 2014
    I went training today my god I did bodywork sparring today.
    I got winded by a punch rather embarrassing lol. I give credit to the boxer.
    My arm is killing me lol I am in so much pain my chest hurts from the punches and my left arm I can barely lift it it is so painful lol.
    I need to up cardio it is much better than before although my technique and conditioning needs lots of work

7. AHussain

Dec 24, 2014
    good session today
    trained at the gym did chest + triceps and then boxing at 6 for 2 hours tired tomorrow cardio session

8. AHussain

Dec 24, 2014
    went to the gym trained back and traps.
    Going to boxing today 6 pm 2 hours might do sparring today see how it goes

9. AHussain

Dec 24, 2014
    ramadan is 17 or 18 I will not be boxing but I will still be hitting the gym and doing some cardio to maintain fitness levels diet will be kept clean also

Monday - Legs + 30 minute LISS cardio
    Tuesday - Chest + triceps+side deltoids + 30 minute LISS cardio
    Wednesday - Back + traps + biceps
    Thursday - Rest
    Friday - Skipping and shaddow boxing 10 rounds 3 minutes 1 minute rest shaddow boxing 5 rounds 3 minutes
    Saturday - Rear Deltoids + traps+ side deltoids + triceps+ biceps + 30 minute LISS cardio
    Sunday - Rest

Cardio is just to maintain fitness