Badou Jack is the most disrespected boxer in boxing.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by vladimir radchenko, Jan 18, 2017.

1. GBoxingFeed

GBoxingFeed Active Member Full Member

Sep 24, 2013
    I can sympathise with Jack too - he is a much better fighter than results would suggest. He's solid, non-flashy and just gets the job done consistently. I think in the Bute fight he was the victim of hometown favouritsm in the swing rounds.

HOWEVER, I have literally just finished re-watching Jack/DeGale and while I agree that in raw terms Jack beat up DeGale, in boxing terms a draw is really the right decision.
    On the night I thought DeGale banked enough early rounds to win on points - however, when rewatching the fight I had him down 5-3 going into the 9th. The swing rounds for me were the 3rd and 7th, and I gave them both to Jack when re-watching. But, to my surprise I had DeGale winning several of the later rounds to even it up.

Either way you slice it, a draw is no robbery in my opinion. It's an exceptionally tough fight to score - but I agree that Jack hit DeGale more and harder, and beat him up more - so in raw terms he 'won' the fight. But in boxing terms it was a very close, hard fought, excellent fight...and a draw!

2. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    Jack is not getting disrespected. He didn't do what he should have done in the twelfth round. I understand what's he's saying when he says that he won the fight, he did but it was a boxing match scored by rounds and when you add that up, it was a good call by the judges. It's like Jack can't summon up the drive to finish when he needs to. He can't survive at 175 without it. Also, people say that foreign fighters can't get a fair shake in the States, De Gale got a fair shake.

drenlou likes this.
  3. inner2deepz

inner2deepz Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Oct 8, 2016
    He's the Danny Garcia of 168 lol

4. Savagekat

Savagekat TEAM USYK. I AM VERY FEEL! Full Member

Jan 1, 2008
    Yes. I believe I had the same card as Farhood. I had Degale up by two points and thought would win going into the last round, but Jack scored the knockdown and evened it up for me. Close fight and a good fight. No robbery at all, imo.

pincai likes this.
  5. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Couldn't say it better, my sentiment exactly.

drenlou and GBoxingFeed like this.
  6. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Jack should give Degale a rematch.......................why does he not want a rematch at 168? There must be a reason and it's not weight..............

7. Flamazide

Flamazide Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Jack doesn't have a flashy style or anything about him that would attract tons of people to him. I also had DeGale winning their fight, lol. He's a solid fighter, but to call him the most disrespected active boxer/champ is quite a stretch.

8. Goomba73

Goomba73 Member Full Member

Sep 26, 2016
    By the judges yes agreed, by the fans.....GGG

9. AlwaysFirst

AlwaysFirst Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Jack is Swedish.

10. AlwaysFirst

Nov 28, 2015
    Nope, Swedish. Born in Sweden by an Swedish (white) mother and an father from Gambia.

11. AlwaysFirst

Nov 28, 2015
    Jack already made up his mind about moving up before the fight, have nothing to do with Degale.

12. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Worst Poster of 2015 Full Member

Oct 30, 2011
    People who are claiming the fight is a draw are not explaining why it was a draw. It was a clear 8 rounds to 4 fight for Jack. A lot of DeGales shots were hitting gloves and Jack landed the harder, more fluid combinations. It really wasn't a hard fight to score. 8-4 for Jack is the correct score, 7-5 is pushing. A draw or win for DeGale is unacceptable and I question whether you people know how to score a fight or not.

drenlou and IKSAB like this.
  13. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Could it be that you will be singing a different tune of degale is American based and promoted by TMT?

drenlou and lepinthehood like this.
  14. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    Excellent post.

drenlou and GBoxingFeed like this.
  15. Staminakills

Staminakills Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 8, 2012
    I saw him beat both degale and Bute clearly so yes, those draws are fishy to say the least

drenlou and IKSAB like this.