Bag work essential?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by tai chi, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Adybrrady

Adybrrady Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2015
    If you lack the prerequisite knowledge you will not understand what I have written.

Also I said to increase punching power you have to increase your mass, please read carefully and understand what you have read!

2. Adybrrady

Dec 9, 2015
    Bruce Lee was at his maximum mass as this was demonstrated by his one inch punch, If you understand the physics then you will know what I am saying is true.

Let me explain, Lee said 'be like water' he was referring to conditioning because by being like water, i.e maximum mass, a punch overcomes Newton's Law of equal and opposite reaction, i.e the harder you hit an equal and opposite force travels back through the fist, hence you can break your hand.

When a fighter is at his maximum mass the law of equal and opposite is cancelled out and all the force is directed forward e.g. Bruce Lees one punch and also a space hammer operates in this way, talk to Tim Peake (astronaut)

3. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    What you've written is not complicated, even if it sounds nice and fancy. If you'd hidden behind fancy words it would've been okay but in choosing Bruce Lee as an example, it proved that it was BS.

Bruce Lee is physically impressive but he's not an unheard of physical specimen nor is his technique good enough in some areas to maximise his physical attributes. This is why I know he's not an optimum example of the formula.

4. Mr.DagoWop

Mr.DagoWop Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2015
    This talk about reaching maximum mass is bull****. Mass is density x volume. Density is the compactness of a substance. Volume is how much space you take up. You can't increase density so you have to increase volume. The only way to gain volume is to gain weight.

5. Adybrrady

Dec 9, 2015
    You have demonstrated to the forum that you do not know the meaning of mass in scientific terms, study up!

As I said before only the edified will understand that what I am saying is in theory true.

6. Adybrrady

Dec 9, 2015
    Yes it is basically knowledge of 'O' level physics; You got no buisness being a boxing trainer if you haven't got a basic knowledge of physics. Boxers, sack your trainers they haven't a clue what they are doing, all they do is damage your body and shorten your career.

7. Mr.DagoWop

Mr.DagoWop Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Post images of proof of your PhD

8. greynotsoold

greynotsoold Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    If I were a betting man, I'd wager that this guy and Tai chi are the same guy.

9. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Always funny to see the enlightened chaps that are the only ones that know what they're doing in their own little bubble.

10. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    :)

11. greynotsoold

greynotsoold Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Adybrraddy and Tai chi.Sorry

12. Adybrrady

Dec 9, 2015
    Gentlemen, please relax, I only seek to elevate the sport that I love. The boxing landscape was once flat and you have done a fine job of being the gate keepers of pseudoscience.

However there is an old saying that finishes like this 'you cant fool all of the people all of the time' Welcome gentlemen to the 21st century!

13. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    You throw out some bollox about physics and theory with no actual evidence and expect to be taken seriously? Lol.

I'm all for advances, but all you've given is talk. Prove what you're saying about your perfection formula then maybe someone will listen to what you're saying without laughing.

14. Adybrrady

Dec 9, 2015
    Now, now, all this emotion, for what? What is your objection to real science? Why do you resist progress and true knowledge?
    Could it be that your status quo is being threatened, I sense fear from your reaction but you should know that progress and evolution are inevitable.

15. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Asking for evidence is objecting to science?

You don't seem very bright. Is this the return of Ylem?

I don't. Give me some proof of what you're saying and I'll listen.

I'm threatened and scared? What?

Go back and read my posts over the years and see who opposes science.