Bag work essential?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by tai chi, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Adybrrady

Adybrrady Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Additional,

The theorectical PERFECTION FORMULA

F (force) and E (energy) = M (mass) × A (acceleration)

Consider that a decrease in mass, energy, force and acceleration are all symptoms of ageing; by training to increase mass and acceleration counteracts those symptoms. Therefore theorectically this method of training would be anti ageing.

2. Adybrrady

Dec 9, 2015
    This theoretical formula may give credance to the mythical martial artists in China who were famed for their longevity.

Maybe there is some truth in those old kung fu movies where the white haired master is the best fighter, no loss of mass?

3. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
  4. Mr.DagoWop

Mr.DagoWop Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Energy doesn't equal mass x acceleration. That's only Force.

Didn't know I came on boxingforum24 to give free physics lessons.

5. YearZero

YearZero Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Unless you have issues with your hands or some other injury preventing you from doing your bagwork, just fking do it. Honestly, it's way past time for this thread be put out to pasture :blood

6. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    If you ain't hittin the bags your a pansy

7. Adybrrady

Dec 9, 2015
    To answer your question about proof, well in the scientific world the formula is the proof.
    From the formula outcomes can be predicted, i.e if the fighters mass increases then force and energy increases, this means more punching power and energy (stamina).

Its called a dry experiment, the formula predicts the outcome withouthaving to do the experiment

8. Adybrrady

Dec 9, 2015
    You either have a little knowedge of physics or a deep understanding of quantum physics, lol

9. Adybrrady

Dec 9, 2015
    Paulie Malignagee a career non puncher, all the traditional boxing training methods used; running, skipping, sparring, fighting, padwork, shadow boxing, weight training and circuit training. Question, did any of those activities increase his mass?

10. Mr.DagoWop

Jul 1, 2015
    Paulie Malignaggi had severe injuries in his right hand when he was a very young fighter. He actually has a screw in place there. He fought with practically one hand for a good chunk of his early career because of the injury.

11. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Outside of all the physics and training. What PM didn't have is good technique!

12. Mr.DagoWop

Jul 1, 2015
    PM is one of the most technically sound boxers of this era. He wouldn't have survived this long if he wasn't.

13. Adybrrady

Dec 9, 2015
    I use the bags to gauge my progress, i.e power, speed and stamina. Also to practice techniques in punching (combination/single). Also as I imagine the bag is an opponent, I practice feinting and footwork to confuse the bag I mean opponent.

I find the bags are also useful as it helps to make the hands stronger and also to harden the knuckles and bones in the hands. I dont agree with fighters that use boxing gloves on the bags because the above benefits are lost.

I will not go into the physics of hard knuckles versus soft knuckles!

14. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Is this info going to be useful? Everything you've said so far has been useless.

You seem to be one of those guys that likes to sound like the smartest guy in the room but never actually achieves anything.

15. Mr.DagoWop

Jul 1, 2015
    I only wear hand wraps on the heavy bag for about a month or two then when my hands are nice and strong, I put on gloves. Having strong hands allows you to be able to punch harder. Its like being hit in the face at 90 mph with a pillow or a cement block. Also, the heavy bag in my opinion is only good for trying to increase power. It doesn't directly help with speed or anything else. There are other better more direct exercises a boxer can do for that.