Bakhodir Jalolov would beat all the Heavyweights who will fight on 23.12

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CroBox29, Nov 17, 2023.

1. CroBox29

CroBox29 Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Jalolov is unfairly neglected and he is better than all of them, he deserves a big fight and a payday...

2. GGGunbeatableGGG

GGGunbeatableGGG Active Member Full Member

Dec 13, 2022
    maybe if he would stop going back to the ams and picking on guys outmatched so he can win medals we would truly find out how good he is in the pros

3. BeantownAll

BeantownAll Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Agree. He's a boogeyman. That's kind of the problem. He's getting a stipend from Arum. In effect, Jalolov is locked up by TopRank and is being paid not to fight because this would destroy the investment TopRank has made in other fighters as well as those of his promotional partners.

Right now any HW title fight that isn't featuring at least one of: Zhang, Makhmudov, or Jalolov kind of seems like a waste of time to me.

UniversalPart and ikrasevic like this.
  4. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. He has a long way to go.

5. BeantownAll

Mar 5, 2018
    I haven't seem much punch variety from Jalolov, but overall making him climb the ladder makes as much sense as making Loma climb a ladder would have.

I have no problem with letting Jalolov cut to the head of the line and if he fails to grasp the opportunity - that's on him.

fencik45 likes this.
  6. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    There’s a Grand Canyon of talent between Loma and Jalolov

DJN16 and CST80 like this.
  7. DoubleG95Fanatic

DoubleG95Fanatic Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 25, 2021
    He would? Beats Junior Fa and Mark de Mori…not sure about the rest.

Koli55 and Wizbit1013 like this.
  8. BeantownAll

Mar 5, 2018
    I'm pretty confident he would, but I'm resigned to the fact that it's going to be a long time before we find out.

Matchroom & TopRank have gobs of HW fighters ahead of him that they haven't cashed-out yet. There would have to be some serious money in the mix for Jalolov to cut to the front, but I don't see it materializing.

9. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Hes clearly got ability but as of right now, his biggest win in the pros is...Kamil Sokolowski?

Lets see him in there with someone with a pulse.

And he needs to stop this silly thing of going back and wasting time fighting in the "amateurs"

ipitythefool likes this.
  10. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    He's good but there's a lot to be determined about his ultimate trajectory.

11. Supahero

Supahero New Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2023
    I don't think so.

12. 11player

11player Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Big fan of Jalolov, he certainly has talent, size and potential, is probably HW top 10 in ability, but I would not pick him to beat Joshua today, tough pick against Wilder and Parker as well.

He lacks experience and never faced anyone good in the pro game.

I would pick him over Wallin, Miller, Dubois, Kabayel, Big Mak, from that card. But favour Joshua, Wilder over him. Parker, Hrgovic, are 50-50.

13. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Dude's got a lot of talent. Just needs to be managed better, and stay away from the Am stuff. He has good skill, size and power. Now needs to fight some actual threats to get a decent ranking.

14. BeantownAll

Mar 5, 2018
    That distinction probably goes to Jack Mulowayi. Jack is not a contender but he was good enough to expose & stop Apti Davtaev a couple years ago. I'd put Jack roughly on the level of Johnny Rice danger/quality-wise.

15. BeantownAll

Mar 5, 2018
    TopRank is paying him money to wait his turn. Since he has to wait his turn - why not do the am stuff?

Apart from the (lowish) risk that he might suffer an injury training for it - what's the harm here?

The Real Lance likes this.