Bakole v Whyte

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Carlton Cole, Dec 17, 2020.

1. ideafix12

ideafix12 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2010
  2. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I'd like to see Bakole start getting more opportunities and do think he's a good fighter that said in this instance, my money is on Whyte.

Does make me laugh some of the stick and just sheer ignorance he receives though. He's one of the best heavyweights in the world and has put himself in with very worthy opponents, something that can't be said for numerous others in the division........ Parker, Chisora x2, AJ, Povetkin, Rivas, Helenius, Wach. Not too shabby.

AJ took him out in a fight where he blew his shoulder out and Povetkin (after being dropped more than once himself) hit him with an absolute nuclear bomb that would take a horse out. We should get behind fighters that want to be challenging themselves rather than shitting on them.

Cookiedough and Injin Chi like this.
  3. Donald Donaldson

Donald Donaldson Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Good fight, which I doubt would happen, at least not in the near future.

I would back Bakole as he seems to have the better chin. Whyte has a better jab but likes a tear up, get's emotionally involved in fights and is not hard to hit clean whilst obviously having a suspect chin at this point.

When Martin starts to get past his jab he will be able to hurt him.

I've never rated Whyte at all though, or liked him much so am probably biased against him. I think he has been a very, very lucky fighter...

4. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Rivas was undefeated, looks hard and has a bodybuilders physique. Bakole got schooled on C5 by Hunter plus the incident recently with his laptop won't help selling the fight.
    I'd go with Bakole if it happened but whether or not it's an evenly matched fight is irrelevant, what matters is it would be very difficult to con even the mugs to pay £25 for this.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  5. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Dillion must love the bounty hunters sloppy seconds......

6. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I'd favour Whyte given the experiance gap. That said I'd imagaine Whyte's wiskers are gone for good given the damage that was done to them last start..

From now on a strong breeze will probs be enough to bowl him over... David Price 2.0 type..

7. jcairns1

jcairns1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Whyte is on high alert after getting poleaxed in Eddie’s back garden, one more defeat and he’s relegated to Sizzora status as a chief support ticket seller, I actually think Bakole could take this.

Whyte should have took the money and fought Femi at Wembley when he had the chance.

destruction, Heisenberg and Inglis_1 like this.
  8. TSoprano

TSoprano Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 26, 2014
    Bakole doesn't move his head so Whyte will move it for him.

Whyte KO7 with a bomb of a left hook

9. billy nelson

billy nelson the fighting scots gym Full Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Not a hope in hell of embarassing him

jcairns1 likes this.
  10. jcairns1

jcairns1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Bakole’s chin is solid, he took bombs off both Kuzmin and Hunter and took them well.

Bakole vs Hunter II is the fight to make next year.

11. SnoopyboyM

SnoopyboyM Active Member Full Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Got to favour Whyte he’s fought at a far higher level and Hunter beat Bakole easily and he’s fringe world class

12. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    No way will Nelson or Bakole want any piece of Whyte. I really don't rate Bakole and I question his heart. His arsehole will flap once he gets in the ring with Whyte, getting ktfo in rounds 3-6

13. billy nelson

billy nelson the fighting scots gym Full Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Oh how wrong you are sir, Martin woukld fight and beat Dillion at a drop of a hat, one call is all it takes and the fights made

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  14. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Make the call then Billy. Fight would be entertaining whilst it lasts.

Jurgen likes this.
  15. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Hunter looked only one punch away from being stopped by Bakole 2-3 times in that fight mate and the cards must have been very tight when Bakole retired.

Hunter is a very hard fight for nearly every Heavyweight and I was impressed that Bakole took that fight win or lose.

If Bakole can fight through adversity, he will break Whyte down then apart.