Bareknuckle vs Gloves

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Sushix, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Suge Green

Suge Green Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 15, 2006
    I just want to say most boxers that I know personally, have hurt their hands when they get into a street fight...I know it's not what everybody wants to hear, and it's not really macho...but it's true.

None of these guys have ever trained without gloves, or having their hands wrapped....other than shadow boxing though...no impact training. In their gyms nobody touches the bags without their gloves on, I guess the gym doesn't want pieces of skin and blood on their equiptment.

If you train without gloves, at least to some degree you'd be alright...but without the cushioning of the glove absorbing it's usual fraction of the impact, your joints and bones are subject to stress that they are not accustomed to.

2. champianboxer

champianboxer Mr Boingo Full Member

Nov 3, 2007
    the force of impact is still there wearing gloves, they just protect you from not getting your face all ****ed up

3. Tencount85

Tencount85 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 21, 2007
    Depends on who is throwing, but generally, a bareknuckle punch has more force behind it if it lands.

4. konaman

konaman Boxing Addict Full Member

May 28, 2008
    Most remotely athletic males can spark someone without a glove on pretty easily. Difference is massive.

5. marauder1999

marauder1999 Champion Full Member

May 3, 2007
    :lol: :lol: Wow--Really??

6. loko

loko Active Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2008
    I dont know why were having this conversation, without gloves it is'nt boxing.

7. pijo

pijo Feed the Pope Full Member

Jul 28, 2007
    I have seen a programme on this a couple month back, it had some fighters off the UFC, Randy Coture and a couple more i can't remember, it had them punching a target which measures force with boxing gloves, UFC gloves and bare knuckles. it came back as bare knuckles was the hardest and boxing gloves and the UFC gloves were the same if i remember right.
    I'll try find out the programme name and let you know.

8. mexican legend

mexican legend MVP! Full Member

Jul 19, 2008
    You can break your knuckles with no gloves.

9. dabox

dabox Active Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2007
    in some gyms, a lot of guys hit the bad bare knuckle, i mean ofcourse not as much as with gloves... but they do it...

my gym is one of them and i have noticed that in east european gyms they hit bare knuckle more...the coach in my gym is romanian, and he everyone should do it a ...get used to the impact...(by the way he coached the romanian national team for many years)

and if you do hit the bad bare knuckle, your skin hardens on your hands and they cut on the bag....

10. Fausto

Fausto Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2006
    WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS WITH THIS QUESTION?

The thread starter is dumb.

Some people just can't think logically.:patsch

Of course bare knuckle hurts more!! Man, you're amazingly clueless.

11. pit

pit Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 25, 2004

huh the bones in your hand are tiny and were not meant for impact for high Impact ,with out gloves there would be more broken hands the peace of the fight would be slower due fighter not wanting to hurt there hands. combo would almost would be non-existent .

The reason there more KO in UFC is because those guys do not condition them selves the same was as boxer do .
    Boxer go into the fight with the mind set he is going to get hit and hit hard and he condition himself for that purpose ..

MMA fight pretty much condition themself for going to the ground not so much as stand up and taking the kind of shot boxer do.

brain trauma is more likely in boxing then any other contact sport bar none including football and MMA .

12. Smurker

Smurker A ban of honour Full Member

Nov 3, 2007
    This might make me out to be the novice that i am! but... i read somewhere that although bare knuckle boxing inevitably leads to more cuts, boxing with gloves can potentially be more likely to cause brain injuries, as the pressure per inch is dispersed the 'brain rattle' is increased. Could be tosh but i definetly heard something along those lines.

I have only ever broken my hand when fighting without gloves. It has ruined my darts game thats for sure:patsch

13. Ghostface923

Ghostface923 Active Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Theres probably more chance of brain damage with bare knuckles. Because if you hit and and land with one knukle then all the power lands in that one point instead of being spread along the whole fist. Im not fully sure but i think if that happens there more chance of you seriously damaging the brain.

14. champianboxer

champianboxer Mr Boingo Full Member

Nov 3, 2007
    if you fight bear knuckles it doesnt mean youll brake you knuckles or hands. if you punch like an idiot (not closed fist and not tight) youll brake your hand. Now your knuckles is different, youll brake your knuckles if hit something hard, no matter if you can punch right or not, but if you brake your knuckles they swell up and eventualy get hard an stay the size of when they were swollen, its like having brass knuckles, you can basicaly hit anything after this.

15. pit

pit Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 25, 2004
    your knuckle is a joint for bending the finger it has the least impact resistance of any joint on the body ,, you hit some one on the skull, your hand will go before the skull gives .. I don't care how you squeeze your fist , your hand is not meant for striking ...

hitting with your hand is about like hammering a nail with a calculator .

It one the most complexed components on our body and was never meant for hitting.