Barrera and his leagacy

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by peter5, Aug 24, 2007.

1. peter5

peter5 Marco.A.Barrera Full Member

May 7, 2007
    Does losing to Pac again have any effect on his legacy, Personally I dont think it does, what do you lot think? And does it boost Pacs, or will it just go down as a win over an old Marco?

2. Guru_Too_You

Guru_Too_You ESB OG circa '99 Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Barrera's legacy can only be enhanced at this point.

3. knockout

knockout Make my day Full Member

Feb 18, 2007
    True and pacs victory will be over a old wash up Barrera when he could of gone after Marquez.

4. koko of phil

koko of phil Ring of Fire Resident Full Member

Mar 20, 2005
    It would be much better if Marco wins, but I think it doesn't change anything even if he loses. Barrera already made history in this sport before Pac came. Though everyone knows MAB was already far different from his old self after or even the first time he fought Pac, still no one could deny his immense accomplishments in this sport of boxing. Another victory of Pacquiao over Marco only confirms the arrival of new promising fighters, like Guzman, Soto, Valero, etc. For me, I'll just see it as a bequeathal.

5. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Barrera's legacy is already set as an ATG. A loss means he is another of many greats to have a bad fight or two at the very end, but a win does him wonders.

6. PH|LLA

PH|LLA VIP Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
    his first loss to Pac affected his ATG status, but at this point he has nothing to lose by fighting the best because everyone knows he is no longer as good as he used to be.

7. acb

acb De Camaguey... Gavilan Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    If he wins, he is in the class of JCC.

If he loses, I see his legacy much the same as a SSM, a great fighter with great wins who fought two fighters (Pac and JJ) who just had his number.

8. hooligan

hooligan Millionaire Bum Full Member

May 8, 2006
    losing to pac for the first time affected his legacy already...

a second defeat would mean nothing...

9. jimmie

jimmie Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Barreras legacy is already intack as a man who fought nearly all the top guys in the sport and rematched guys who beat him brutally(Jones and Pacquiao)or guys he beat closely like Morales and Juarez. He was once a brawler who turned into a fine boxer with a nice double jab and solid defense. The mans a 3 time World Champ in 3 divisons nothing can change that or his wins over future Hall of Famers or possible HOFers in Johnny Tapia,Erik Morales,Kevin Kelly,Paulie Ayala and Nassem Hamed not to mention the wins over Kennedy McKinney,Rocky Juarez,Robbie Peden etc. Marco Antonio Barrera is a true ATG in every sense of the word hes a god dam legend and a win over Pacquiao when his back is agianst the wall agian would shoot his legacy threw the roof.

10. brownshell

brownshell Active Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2006
    Hamed an ATG???? Give me a break.

11. Stinky gloves

Stinky gloves Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 31, 2007
    HOF for sure

12. acb

Jan 6, 2007
    Junior Jones? You probably werent watching boxing back then. :-(

13. acb

Jan 6, 2007
    yy
    Your thinking is so centered on Pac that you fail to understand the greater game of boxing.

Barrera has two wins over a prime Morrales, and was the only fighter to beat Hamed in addition to his other big wins.

Is it fair to say that Pac wont be recognized as a great fighter unless he KOs the two guys who KOd him in his career?

Barreras legacy is in tact as one of the greatest, dont get it twisted. Boxing is a game of ups and downs. Pac will lose again, mark my words. :deal

Just as Roy beat Bernard and Toney, and they have maintained ATG status, Barrera will be an ATG with or without Pac, period end of story.

14. lefthook31

lefthook31 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jul 6, 2007
    To me the biggest suprise with Barrera is how he bounced back from losses to junior Jones. I think he told his promoter never to match him against a slick boxer again.

15. Morrissey

Morrissey Underrated Full Member

Jun 24, 2006
    If he wins over PAc in their rematch, he might crack the top 50 ATG list.