Barry McGuigan Care Package

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Russell, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Recently uploaded these three bouts and made a thread in classic about it, after noticing they hadn't been in circulation for quite some time. I'm of the mind set that that's a shame, and that every fight, no matter how obscure, old, or seemingly irrelevant should be saved and shared.

Anyway, I had a few reservations about posting this over here because I have/had zero idea how this forum will react, but here you are all the same.

Any and all thoughts and opinions welcome. Enjoy!

This content is protected

pow likes this.
  2. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Fantastic boxer - McGuigan was a legend. (Still is.....)

3. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Went to his head a bit I thought over the years, but nevertheless a very good fighter

4. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Why do you say it went to his head. He always seemed very modest and reasonable to me. Even frequently saying Carl Frampton is way better than he was - (not true!).

Sephiroth Rising 7 and ryanm8655 like this.
  5. Birmingham

Jan 13, 2017
    Very easily upset at times, his way or the high way on opinions. If someone differs from his opinion he gets excited and tries to come out on top. His falling out with Frampton sheds some light on what he’s like. I think he could be a right spiteful little ******* if I’m honest. I actually class them pretty close and the edge in ability to Frampton btw.

Papillon likes this.
  6. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Great video,s. Just had a brief look over them. One fighter I,ve never really seen much of. Looks better than frampton to me. Pretty relentless...had pretty much every punch in the book just briefly seeing him. If Santa Cruz is overwhelming frampton I reckon mcguigan would have done the same.

Russell likes this.
  7. Papillon

Papillon Active Member Full Member

Dec 26, 2017
    Good fighter but you can see he's a horrible little **** behind closed doors.

Birmingham likes this.
  8. Birmingham

Jan 13, 2017
    It oozes out of him. I don’t think he would’ve let Frampton fart without having an earner out of it

Papillon likes this.
  9. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    So...let me get this straight:
    You have a problem with an intelligent man who is expert in his field getting passionate about his professional opinion??.

He gets "excited" you say! So you'd prefer him if he was a noddy, a yes-man, a doormat. A thicko that couldn't care less eh?

You "think" he is spiteful? Do you now? ....and your evidence for this is what exactly?
    Come on now.....you can do better that this.....

10. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    See my response to Birmingham!
    Honestly I'm disappointed with you guys.....

11. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    That " mcguigan special"..... The double left hook to the body! Oooooh baby!

He was greeeeeaaaat!

Russell likes this.
  12. Birmingham

Jan 13, 2017
    Unless he's your Dad I would take a chill pill. Its someone's opinion of a fella you don't really know yourself if your being honest, so just see it for what it is, an opinion. You were like this about Frank Maloney, all defensive, and hes another little shite IMO, i'm starting to think you might be a midget or a cross dresser:)

13. Birmingham

Jan 13, 2017
    No
    Talk about pushing the boat out.

14. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Honestly Birmingham you can't be saying stuff like that without backing it up.you know examples, facts , evidence....

15. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    So uuuhhh.... did anyone actually enjoy the freshly available fights I posted? :lol:

bbjc likes this.