Based on Skills/Ability alone... is Bowe

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by KuRuPT, Feb 23, 2017.

1. blackhercules

blackhercules Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 13, 2016
    Lol another racist white guy? I can tell by the fact you threw in Marciano. A white cum who best wins are over washed up fighters and then lost to Ted Lowry a 177 pound and LaStarza a 180 pound fighter. Not to mention Marciano wasn't a heavyweight and never beat a modern sized heavyweight. Yet to racist white guys like you he is a top heavyweight. He wasn't even a top 100 180 pound fighter.

Anyway at his short peak in terms of skills Bowe was a top 10 guy.

2. The Long Count

The Long Count Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Bowe's resume is too soft to accurately gage his skills. Golota out jabbed him and Holyfield made him give up all his physical advantages when they fought.
    His defense was poor. His prime was short.
    In short I think Bowe is overrated. He looked good on film but when you are fighting shot Dokes and the Elijah Tillery's of the world that can be the byproduct.

GordonGarner65 and Seamus like this.
  3. Eddie Ezzard

Eddie Ezzard Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Trouble is, by these criteria - that you haven't got to have fought many top names and you don't have to have been good for very long (I'm paraphrasing but it's basically what you said) - there's going to be a real bottlejam of fighters looking to get into the top 10.

You have to judge his skills against who they were applied against and for how long. Otherwise there are probably dozens of guys who are in a gym somewhere throwing stiffer jabs and straighter right hands than Bowe who could claim to be more skilled. They may well be, but until they test themselves against quality opponents over time, we rightly don't consider them. By the same token, it's only fair that we ask Bowe to fulfil certain criteria before we bestow top 10 ATG status on him and I don't think he did enough.

GordonGarner65 likes this.
  4. joebeadg

joebeadg Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 3, 2005
    Hey herculies, I don't bring up you're homosexuality, so don't you bring up my racism, OK?

5. GordonGarner65

GordonGarner65 Active Member Full Member

Nov 12, 2016
    If you really are a black person, then as a fellow black ,im asking you to drop this **** man.
    Where's it goin ?
    This is a great forum .
    The stuff you're bringin just ain't real.
    Let it go, go with the flow, life's just more fun that way.
    You dig ?

juppity likes this.