Based on Wilder’s and Fury’s last performance who do you favor in the rematch?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Im not sure if 1 or 2 rounds mean that much but they both got the job done and looked impressive. After seeing their last fights who do you favor going into the rematch?

DynamicMoves likes this.
  2. Oakland Billy Smith

Oakland Billy Smith Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Wilder by KO... But after last night's performance i will give Fury his props that he could always outbox Wilder and play it safe...
    I just think once Furys chin got cracked its just a matter of time now before he gets laid out again

305th and Aydamn like this.
  3. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot etreuM aL Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Fury Wilder already proved he can't beat Fury he can't ko him and he can't out box him

rinsj and Ironmanmt like this.
  4. kiwi_boxer

kiwi_boxer nighty night, ellerbe ☠ ☠ ☠ banned Full Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Fury will beat Wilder by a 12 round decision. Only this time, Wilder touches the canvas.

Bookmark this post too :deal:

5. Rock0052

Rock0052 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    I favor Fury, but Wilder is still dangerous as hell. Typically the boxer has more upside in rematches, but this particular one really boils down to conditioning. Wilder carries his power all twelve rounds and nearly succeeded in erasing Tyson's good work for most of the fight in short order once he gassed and his upper body movement slowed down.
    A sharper, more conditioned Fury should be able to make it through without getting caught like that late, but there really is no relaxing until the final bell rings.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  6. Blandman

Blandman Active Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2019
    Fury looks like he’s getting better. Wilder looks like he’s better than we thought but, not necessarily getting better. Wilder is a strange duck though, not sure I’ve seen a fighter quite like him, he’s not always predictable although he is always dangerous.

Fury has seen a fighter just like him, the first fight. And he had the puzzle well solved until the unpredictability of lightning struck in the 12th. My guess from seeing Fury rise from the dead and landing counters that stopped Wilder in his tracks, lightning may be a lot more predictable next time around.

I favored Fury before the recent fights which probably make me just a little more sure of that prediction.

7. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Fury

8. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    That Fury fight in no way reflects on a fight with Wilder. For one, Fury has a deep fear of Wilder and for good reason, he considers it an act of God that he got up from that two piece and a warning not to go near Wilder. However at the rate that Arum is building him up, the money will get too big for him to turn down and he will once again surrender his face to that devastating right hand and this time he won't get up because he didn't heed God's warning. Make no mistake, Wilder is doing his homework and like Joe Louis said, " You can run but you can't hide "

305th, Sephiroth Rising 7 and ellerbe like this.
  9. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Nothing changed. It's a toss up.

Nonito Smoak, Wild Eye, 305th and 3 others like this.
  10. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Wilder by 1st round KO. Klinschko was robbed.

11. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Fury is a little bit better then Wilder, but donkey can end him with 1 punch.

305th likes this.
  12. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Their recent outings mean nothing to me.

I favor Fury in the rematch.

But people counting Wilder out are mistaken.

If hes 15lbs heavier in the rematch, it might be a bit harder for him to catch Fury, but if he does, Im not sure Fury gets up in time this time.

On the flip side, if Fury actually opens up a bit more and doesnt come to just win some points and get a decision... I think he has a good chance at actually stopping Wilder himself.

Honestly I think its an awesome matchup and cant wait for it.

Hope Wilder sparks him out but a better prepared Fury has to be the favorite here.

13. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Fury by a country mile. Just make sure the judges are of honest stock.

14. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    A bigger 220lb Wilder switches Fury's lights out with tragic consequences.

305th likes this.
  15. RockyMarciano

RockyMarciano Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 8, 2009
    I got Fury by stoppage this time around

kiwi_boxer likes this.