Battle of the Benn Brothers will it ever happen ?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by sjp17, Jun 3, 2017.

1. sjp17

sjp17 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Harley Benn just went 2-0 is planning to drop two weights and fight at welterweight Conor Benn is 6-0 and is currently fighting welterweight there is a bit of needle between them and they have been brought up separate.

Could we ever see a battle of the Benn brothers further down the line ?

2. jm2729v

jm2729v Active Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2016
    Depends on how well they progress they're both still on single figures. Even if they both turned out to be superstars down the line you'd still have to deal with all the chaos that comes with Hearn working with Warren

3. sjp17

Apr 22, 2011
    Good point about the promoters , I think they will both make it at least to domestic title level , I actually think Harley Benn will go further , he just has that crazed look about him that his old man did, I think he will be the guy that's less likely to quit when it comes down to a dogfight. But he has to get down to Welterweight to make an impact, at 20 they both have plenty of time.

4. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Interesting at 20 I think Conor has a huge edge in boxing development/ability. I actually think Conor will become a world champion, I am one of the few who rate the kid.

Harley is much greener it appears but that doesn't mean he can't go just as far but he needs to take it slow and find a strength and conditioning coach too. Harley looks pretty poor at the moment IMO but if he has a bit of his old mans drive/killer instinct he can get there some day.

sjp17 likes this.
  5. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Not trying to pick holes in what you're saying mate, just genuinely interested...what do you see in Conor Benn? He's still very inexperienced but I don't the potential for him to be a world champion in the future (yet) personally.

CutThroatFade and Northadox like this.
  6. james5000

Apr 11, 2010
    The kid looks gifted to me, nice combination's and moves well in the ring.

I think he is getting better every time I see him fight and @ 20 he has a lot of room for improvement. Given his father's name he already has advantages others might not get. He is already a ppv undercard fighter so I think Hearn will give him the opportunities he needs.

With talent and a good team around him why can't he be a world champion?

Jamal Perkins likes this.
  7. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Definitely tons of improvement needed. He looks so raw and wild at the minute. Doesn't pace himself, goes hell for leather letting his hands go and takes far too many shots. It'll be interesting seeing how he goes on, he needs to show loads more self discipline and maturity.

8. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Conor seems a bit feather fisted maybe once he feels into his man body he 'll get some power

He's definitely athletic though so has some potential

9. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    They should have Jeremy Kyle as the ref, what a **** show it would be.

Twentyman likes this.
  10. CathyBarry

CathyBarry Active Member Full Member

Jan 10, 2016
    McGregor would destroy these two nepotisms at the same time!

11. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    you've seen nothing so far that makes u think hes world champ in the making, it just isn't there yet, if ever !

12. james5000

Apr 11, 2010
    No doubt the kid has a long, long way to go, but he's still in nappies in terms of experience.
    He's obviously a hard worker though, he even looks physically 10x the athlete he was since his pro debut.

Conor is going to shock a lot of people in 3-4 years, he's got a bit of dog in him like his old man.
    He just needs to train the house down and get a dietitian.

@ 140 he has size, strength and decent pop, he needs to get down there and stay there and getting a strap won't be a problem.

TBH I could say all those things about Josh Kelly and many think he's the next big thing and Conor is a fair bit younger and much less experienced than him!!!!

13. Sniper4

Sniper4 New Member Full Member

May 14, 2017
    Did anyone see Harley Benn lastnight ffs.

14. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    They'd be better keeping Harley Benn behind closed doors for a year and taking him around all the gyms sparring.

He's learning on the job and given his second name, it's going to be tough. He has a hell of a lot to learn, but to give credit to the lad, he seems like he wants to knuckle down in the sport and learn/improve.

15. sjp17

Apr 22, 2011
    Harley Benn never had an amateur career, he is basically learning as he goes, I think he will do alright once he gets a bit more experience.