Battle of the Benn Brothers will it ever happen ?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by sjp17, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    It would be a real freak show, but the idea of a potential future fight must have crossed the promoters minds.

Neither of these guys are likely to get any further then British level, so depending how things pan out for the 2 of the next few years it could turn out to br built into a real possibility and a sort of Payday/cash out beyond there actual abilities.

2. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Conor Benn is going to go a lot further than Harley will.

Harley has a LOT of work to do, to even get up to the level that Conor is at right now. Conor will also only improve, he definitely has talent.

It would definitely be an interesting fight, just for the brother angle.

Harley would be best advised to get some serious training and sparring in for the next 2 years and gradually build his level of competition, because he has so much to learn.

3. sjp17

sjp17 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Conor Benn won 20 of 22 amateur fights that he had in Australia , in terms of boxing ability of course he is ahead of Harley but there both 20 plenty of time for each, I guess it all depends on how they progress and how much they want it, who knows one of them could be chinny the other could have a granite chin.

4. Sniper4

Sniper4 New Member Full Member

May 14, 2017
    although against low ability opposition, watch Benns fight vs the Keler geeza think it was in Scotland 2nd fight, not saying the later is a power hitter but he happily took shots the whole fight, seems brave enough and confident regarding his chin. Abit like Pigford vs Morgan.

5. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Won't happen and it would be a freak show.

If they want to settle any differences, lock the gym up and sort it out behind closed doors. Keep family differences in house.

N17 likes this.
  6. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Until either of them are in interesting or competitive matches then I honestly couldn't give a ****. Harley, for what it's worth, looked pretty dire last time out

7. On_The_Ropes

On_The_Ropes Active Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Out of the two Conor has more potential, I don't see any noticeable talent when I watch Harley fight. The guy he fought agaisnt on Friday night looked like he put on a pair of gloves for the first time yet still managed to win 1 or 2 rounds against Harley.

8. sjp17

Apr 22, 2011
    Think your being a bit harsh on Harley considering he has had only one fight before this one and as far as I know no or very little amateur fights. I thought his jab looked decent and his footwork was quite fast in and out of range, he boxed good n spells. And that right hand is something terrible look out Conor !

9. Billy-Willins

Billy-Willins R.I.P Sir Bobby Robson Full Member

May 1, 2009
    Never...... Brothers fighting each other has no place in our sport!

Furey and N17 like this.
  10. sjp17

Apr 22, 2011
    All the brothers fight what difference does sport make ?

11. Jamal Perkins

Jamal Perkins Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Id agree the kid moves very well reminiscent of his pater. At the level hes been exposed to good power ,combos,speed and a few neat footwork moves.id like to see more head movement....but if developed steadily not rushed i also think he coukd challenge for a world titke.....harley looks a total novice...but the one who has more toughness and will to win...he seems a very likeable and nice kid whose had it tough but has morals...he has had zero support,amateur wise,physique wise....but again if developed slowly steadily with nutritiinists and his dad teaching him ...he could very unlikely as it seems right now go further

Silly billy likes this.
  12. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    It shouldn't happen and I certain it won't happen, Nigel wouldn't have it, if there is a problem I'm sure it will be sorted out behind closed doors.

13. On_The_Ropes

On_The_Ropes Active Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    My understanding is that the brothers hardly even know each other, let alone hate one and another. Nigel left Harley and his mother when he was just a baby and never had any relationship with him until recently when he reached out to help him with his boxing career.

N17 likes this.