BATTLE OF THE BOUNCERS! Alen Babic vs Lucas Browne.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Riordo, Sep 21, 2021.

1. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Browne through in the towel before the Whyte fight - the shape he was in for a "world class fighter" was a disgrace
    His best win is about 6 years ago and he got stopped by Dave Allen. The only thing giving him a chance here is Babic doesn't hit hugley with single shots. Browne is a movable punch bag at this point.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  2. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    This is ****ing horrendous matchmaking.

Browne is beyond shot.... in fact shot is an understatement. He was blasted out inside a round by a rugby player in his last fight for **** sake.

Embarrassing.

Twentyman likes this.
  3. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
  4. EJC83

EJC83 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    For crying out loud, more added to another one of Matchroom's freakshow/X Factor stories. Allen comes in at short notice against a Cruiser and lasts the distance, claiming a moral victory "imagine what I could have done to him with a full camp under my belt?", a quote that will probably go on to be the title of his book.

There isn't one good Matchroom backstory. Courtenay and Okolie worked in a pub and McDonald's respectively, and? That's what people do when they leave school, they get jobs. Conor Benn, he....er.....aaah, ok he's just a spoilt little brat but somehow he's managed to have some kind of weird backstory created. Campbell Hatton, "it's not his fault" is where we are with that already, that's his backstory "it's not his fault".

Wake me when this is all over.

5. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
  6. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Joshua should get in there - no excuses as he was happy to take on Rice Pudding Ruiz Jnr at very short notice in New York.

Practice his defence and try out a few things under the lights of DAZN UK

The Savage v The Savaged

Baldarse and Safin like this.
  7. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Chisora was pushing for this guy on Twitter. Thought it had been confirmed at first. 4 -0 George Fox... 4-0 and no knockouts. Has fought 2 debutantes and no one with a winning record.

8. Unforgiven

Unforgiven Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Lucas Browne shouldn't be licensed. He's a bum.
    He was never good to start with. He somehow managed a late KO against a shot Chagaev, for some baloney WBA belt, and people made out he was some sort of world class fighter. He was only ever a bouncer/toughman type in the first place, now he's a bum.
    Babic, who is probably shite too, should batter him.

Here's Johnny and Jurgen like this.
  9. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Isn’t Fox the guy who spars with Fury? Would be a good test for both I guess.

Allen no one gives a sheet cos he’s supposed to be retired…..

Babic is just a dwarf in a giants world so he’s just being hyped while it lasts I guess. Eddie doing his thing.

10. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Ecstatic that Browne won’t have the opportunity to con the British public again.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  11. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Active Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Babic is average at best but why so much hate for the man? Comes across as quite likeable in my opinion.

12. N17

N17 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    This "fight" makes me want to gouge my own eyes out in advance so I know I have zero chance of watching it.

My biggest fear is I have a couple of bears, sort of forget it's on the card and end up sitting there while Babic fights a man DAVE ALLEN KNOCKED OUT a while ago.

I can't even have a bet on this, they don't give odds on "Browne falls over and fails to make it to the ring".

Browne is more shot than Columbine FFS :facepalm:

13. lepinthehood

lepinthehood The Stoneman Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Babic should just take his Hrgovic beating already.

velagod likes this.
  14. Plaistow

Plaistow New Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2019
    I’m not like most of you miserable *******s on here, I don’t mind Hearn or Matchroom and all of his UK cards since moving across to DAZN have been fine.

This card though is the worst I’ve ever seen from him, an absolute dross undercard...

15. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    It's a big if but... If Allen has been keeping himself in any shape I'd fancy him to beat Babic. Babic's last fight was against a very average and unfit lad. Babic looked rocked and was blowing out his arse after 2/3. Allen can take a shot and has done long rounds in tough fights a few times. If he could survive the early storm he could be the saviour to rid us of this guy Fury Wilder style. I'm no Allen fan but..... Come on Dave!!

velagod and Pepsi Dioxide like this.