BATTLE OF THE BOUNCERS! Alen Babic vs Lucas Browne.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Riordo, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Pepsi Dioxide

Pepsi Dioxide Active Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2020
    Never seen George Fox before so looked him up on the ol boxrec. Not sure I'd take this fight if I was Babic, guy came in at 275 last fight and after watching some of his last fight appears pretty tall with some quick hands. He does keep his lands low and has some bad habits, his lack of KOs at this level and at his size raises some eyebrows as well. But this guy looks to be a lot better than Babics last large opponent who, despite being pretty awful, gave babic some unexpected resistance

PatCash likes this.
  2. JOSEY WALES

JOSEY WALES Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 27, 2006
    You think they were bad go take a deco at the pasting he copped off an Aussie rugby player.

Jurgen and velagod like this.
  3. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Allen bout was a brutal farce, but not much else brutal about it.

4. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Isn't George Fox Don Charles' son?

Furey likes this.
  5. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    So Babic is now fighting Molina, who is rubbish but less rubbish than Browne so it's a improvement.

6. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    If Molina is motivated and has been in the gym ticking over it could be interesting.

That said, we are less than a fortnight from the fight.

7. Erik

Erik Active Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Molina is nothing special but he could quite easily KO Babic if he wanted to. We all saw what he was doing to Wardley before he decided to stick to the script and take a dive. The question is, will he want to?

velagod likes this.
  8. Donald Donaldson

Donald Donaldson Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2020
    A fit, motivated, and slightly younger Molina from a few years ago, even with all his limitations beats Babic, who is an awful boxer and just swings away as much as he can, for as long as he can. His biggest attribute is it seems he can do that for a few rounds with no big issues so his stamina is pretty good but that's about it.

It doesn't get said often enough but Babic is not only a cruiserweight, but if he was paid enough last year could actually have made light heavy I am convinced- that's how small he was at the start. Maybe he can still do it now with the right notice and camp.

So he's a long way off bring a heavyweight and is just knocking out semi pro journeymen boxers with no ambition who are happy to play the role of the 'opponent' for a Matchroom prospect fighter in the hope they get asked to box on TV again on another card.

Him vs Dave Allen is to me more or less a 50-50 that tells you all you need to know.

I think it's hilarious and absurd he's calling out Hrgovich. He would not make it out of the second round.

velagod and N17 like this.
  9. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Well Molina hurt both Hrgovic and Wardley momentarily and rocked Wilder badly. That said Molina has no heart (never has done), as soon as Babic puts some decent shots together Molina will be looking for a way out of the fight.

Gregor1987 and N17 like this.
  10. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Unexpected item in bagging area Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    This washed up version of molina is still all wrong for babic, if molina does some homework he can win this

Scissors likes this.
  11. Gregor1987

Gregor1987 Active Member Full Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Molina has no heart. As soon as he’s hit clean he’ll look for a way out. He doesn’t care about losing at this point.

Wizbit1013 and aaaaa like this.
  12. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    If Whyte and Babic get chinned on the same card it’ll be better than Courtenay and Fowler losing on the same night.

Terminator likes this.
  13. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Correct

Inglis_1 likes this.
  14. LeavemealoneKoooogs

LeavemealoneKoooogs Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Matchroom aren't even trying anymore with matchups like this.

aaaaa and Wizbit1013 like this.
  15. suge

suge Member Full Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Don't really see the problem with this matchup myself. Step up for a green, raw 'prospect' (loose use of the word) against someone with name recognition who's been in with some of the best in the division. Makes sense for Babic, imo

Koli55 and Scissors like this.