Battle of the Williams, Carl The Truth Williams vs Cleveland Big Cat Williams.

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Richard M Murrieta, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Richard M Murrieta

Richard M Murrieta Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 16, 2019
    Battle of the Williams, Carl The Truth Williams vs Cleveland Big Cat Williams. Does Big Cat slug toe to toe as he did against Sonny Liston or does Carl box as he did against Larry Holmes in 1985?

Sangria, Fergy and swagdelfadeel like this.
  2. QuacktheDuck

QuacktheDuck Member banned Full Member

Sep 28, 2021
    Carl wins however he wants. Most probably he makes Cleveland look foolish with his absurd Boxing advantage before putting him away.

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  3. mr. magoo

mr. magoo Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    At one point I favored Carl the Truth. And he’d definitely have a good chance. But after seeing some of the left hooks that Cleveland Big Cat hit people with, this could be a problem for Truth who was regularly decked or even beaten by the left. I’m undecided.

4. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    The truth here is that cats have nine lives, and in all nine of his lives the Big Cat beats little Carl.

5. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
  6. Unforgiven

Unforgiven Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Cleveland Williams would KO Carl Williams inside 3 rounds. With left hook.

7. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Carl is good but can't deny his chin probably let's him down here.

8. CANNONBALL

CANNONBALL Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2007
    i think Carl takes this if he boxes smartly behind that superb jab and punishes Cleve from the outside for a few rounds.

I fancy Carl wins 2 if they fought 3 times

9. greynotsoold

greynotsoold Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Carl will use his long jab and right hand to hurt Cleveland and back him onto the ropes. This will be late in the 2nd or early in the 3rd round.
    At that point Carl will be winging punches with his right hand down by his right hip. And Cleveland, fighting to survive, will wind up and wing a hook with his right hand by his right hip.
    The fight will end 30-60 seconds after that moment, one way or the next.

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  10. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    I'd say Carl would be lookin good for a couple of rounds before he sees the ring doctor shining a light in his eyes asking ,,"do you know where you're at"?

11. Sangria

Sangria You bleed like Mylee Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    In a 2 outta 3 falls match The Truth beats Big Cat 2 outta 3 times in a classic trilogy for the ages. Truth wasn't small at all and had the height and range to cope with Big Cat's pressure. But that left hook BOMB could land flush and The Truth is batting 0 for life when defending left hooks.

Could go either way but I'll take the more skilled fighter with KO power of his own.

Golden_Feather99 likes this.
  12. Tonto62

Tonto62 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Carl had a great jab and a shaky chin, Cleve had a so so chin but top drawer power, I take him to catch the Truth at some point and stretch him on the canvas.