Bautista - Classic example of Grade A China.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Amsterdam, Aug 11, 2007.

1. J_Roth

J_Roth VRWC Hybrid Beaner Full Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Bautista may have a future in boxing yet. However he better learn to tuck his chin. That thing is grade a china. In the words of Derrick. That was an egg chin.

2. SOUTHERMOST

SOUTHERMOST Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Round one the worst for anybody Bautista was cold Lennox made the comment I would like to see him vs Vasquez.

3. theunderdog

theunderdog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 4, 2006
    i told you guys so! boomboom's chin won't hold up and the miserable people who made a thread about him matching up against marquez and vasquez were ****ing dreaming. you guys know started that thread? he should be shamed. overhyped pinoy fighter. much like jaca against jmm. but i wish the kid well, i hope boomboom recovers. he's really young but the thing is a great chin can't be taught. he just doesnt have it. he should concentrate on not getting hit

way to go gerry!!! you freaking deserve it.

4. nervousxtian

nervousxtian Trolljegeren Full Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Amsterdam is a douchebag, ignore him.

He can't ever give the guy doing the punching credit, nope it's always the ****ing chin with him.

Amsterdam ain't ****, he's nothing but a damn keyboard toughguy.

5. boxbox

boxbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 4, 2006
    a little above china imo, plus against a power puncher, it doesn't make it glass or else its like underrating ponces punching power

6. Ethan Trims

Ethan Trims Active Member Full Member

May 6, 2007
    So vasquez doesnt have any UD wins on his record? I just looked and out of 40 wins he has around 10 UD. De leon has a better KO Percentage at this point then him and almost better than marquez

I will agree that De Leon has inferior technique and timing compared to Vasquez, but as for power he is in his league.

Oh and that Thai guy that almost had his head torn of by de leon in the 1st Sod Looknongyangtoy was never Tko/Ko'd in his 30 fights before that.

All in all, I would put De Leon's straight left in the same league with Marquez's right, and Vasquez's left hook.

7. Circa

Circa Skate And Destroy Full Member

Nov 22, 2006
    ponce is a monster puncher...

but still i agree... boomboom is a glass-chinned guy

8. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    KO percentage doesn't always reflect true KO power. Vitali Klitschko has 34 KO's out of 35 wins, that's a near perfect percentage, but he is not a 1 punch KO guy, he breaks you down over the course of the fight.

9. nervousxtian

nervousxtian Trolljegeren Full Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Yeah, it's always the ****ing chin, never the puncher.

Gotcha. You need some serious help.

10. Amsterdam

Jan 16, 2005
    I give credit where credit is due, note that I predicted this to happen, an early Ponce KO. This is something that I expected and I claimed to all of Bautista's fans that the kid could not take a big league shot, so where am I not giving anyone credit?

Ponce is a very average fighter for a top 10 ranked guy, he has good power but nothing in the region of the punch KO power that Vasquez and Marquez have.

If I'm not **** when it comes to boxing talk, then why were most people surprised by the result tonight, yet I was predicting it boldly?:yep

Also, a keyboard toughguy I am not, I come here to discuss boxing, boldly yes, but in normal fashion, you just don't like the hard brutal facts and that's okay, but you have no grounds to call me a douchebag.

11. Amsterdam

Jan 16, 2005
    Well, someone not lasting after the first sat down flush shot is more indicative of a bad chin more so. A lot of people call that Rafael Marquez has a "shaky" chin due to all of his losses being by KO, I however debate that fact because in Marquez's last bout, Vasquez had to grind him down and Marquez ate many of his best shots before being stopped...

Marquez does not have a great chin, but it's solid enough for his purposes and to defeat Vasquez in the rubber match he'll just need a better game plan.

Now, do you not recognise the difference there? Marquez being KOed was indicative of Vasquez's excellent punching power, considering how proven Marquez is as an elite level P4P type fighter and to be on that level, you need a workable chin by default.

Bautista being out essentially after the first sat down flush shot is indicative more so towards his awful chin, which was already exposed by a relatively non-hitting fighter in Medina in his last bout as not so solid, it was no surprise that Ponce ended him as early as the first, some of us even predicted it.

12. jecxbox

jecxbox St. Brett Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Feeding a baby to a lion, his brain is too fresh and young to take that punch to the chin. His brain cells got violently raped, what a mismatch in strength.

13. theHawtness

theHawtness Active Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2007
    that's pretty harsh dude. nonetheless, i expect him to lose, maybe KO in the later rounds and up until that point, a toe to toe match. guess i was wrong. im ****in disappointed.

14. 1punch1nder

1punch1nder **Bam Bam** Full Member

Jan 29, 2006
    all i can say is he is too young and fought plenty of patsys in his carrier...

15. Carlos Primera

Carlos Primera Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 8, 2007
    damn i'm feeling foolish right now. i thought bautista could have made this a fight as he seemed like a good prospect. i even leaned a bit on him just for being more technically sound. but damn this fight cements his chin rating as grade A china. he was in trouble of getting stopped against medina, was floored in that bout he had in telefutura, the slaughter by de leon just erased all doubt. he just got thrown in with a beast to quickly. i agree hype job khan will be the next to fall.