Beginning Amateur training

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Hungyyy, Jan 19, 2017.

1. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Ironic coming from you.

You could injure yourself picking up a piece of paper from the floor. And?

Worst poster on the forum? Lol. Why do you think this? Is it because I call you out on your bull****? Because I mock you and your incredible ignorance? I don't see anyone else talking **** to me.

Have you ever stopped to think it may be you and your attitude that may be the problem? It seems that the vast majority of your posts you're arguing with someone, this thread is a perfect example.

I boxed for a few years BTW, but that's entirely irrelevant as I don't give boxing advice.

You mean that guy that teaches kids for free? Must be amazing.

You carry on thinking that :borra2:

2. reznick

reznick In the 7.2% Full Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Good point

After 4 months of training I got put into one of those wars. It was crazy.
    But that was only because I insisted, and I need the experience quickly.

Most new boxers do start off with much easier going sparring, you're right.

3. Mr.DagoWop

Mr.DagoWop Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2015
    There is no one under the age of 17 that legitimately goes there habitually in order to train. Not just play around. The mean age of the people training there is probably around 25. If you are going to argue at least tell the truth if not then you already lost any sort of argument you were trying to instigate.

Dude, you sure as **** never boxed. You even opened a thread on here asking about what gyms were like and if you should go to classes. Again with the lying, I will expose you every time.

The vast majority of my posts definitely aren't arguing with someone. It is really only Galvatron and yourself that seem to not be able to get along with me. There is not one instance really where you haven't started **** with me. Every single time it is you that instigates it. You need to look at your own personality first. The only time your posts get liked is when you are arguing on someones side. That should tell you enough about how you are regarded by other people.

4. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Does this coach of yours train kids like yourself for free?

Post up this coach's name so we can see who we're talking about here.

You would think that post you're referring to was last week, it was posted Nov 18, 2007. You do realize a lot of things can happen in 9 year period?

I don't know why you keep denying the fact that I boxed for a while, it's really not difficult to accept. It's not like I'm lying, claiming I've had 3 matches and won them all a few months after posting videos of bag work asking if I'd be good enough to compete, like you did.

All of this is irrelevant anyway, as I said earlier I don't give boxing advice.

Your very first post turned into a **** show when everyone told you you're wrong. In that post alone you were arguing with about 6 people, your very first post!

I can get along with you if you're not talking complete bull****, but that happens in the vast majority of your posts so...

Probably because it's always you talking the ****.

Absolutely. Correcting your **** or mocking you.

This is why nobody has respect for you, you think it's all about post likes.

Maybe try giving decent advice instead of trying to get you posts liked and maybe then I'll stop taking the **** out of you.

5. Mr.DagoWop

Jul 1, 2015
    He only charges people that can afford it. For the umpteenth time I'm not going to reveal my location on the internet.

Your knowledge of boxing hasn't changed since when you posted that. You still post **** and actually talk **** more than you give advice.

You and a couple of guys that have since left the forum called me stupid because I wanted to know what some good majors were that also left me with free time to box. I was undecided in what I wanted to major in thus I asked a place for a second opinion. Your failure to answer that question and literally immediately start talking **** to me on my first post only reflects badly on yourself.

No, I am not talking **** that vast majority of my posts. Again, with the lying ****. It's really getting old dude, you aren't ****ing slick lmao.

"Probably because it's always you talking the ****." This doesn't make sense. I said there hasn't been one time where you haven't started the **** talking. Reply with things that make sense or again **** off.

Then you say "Absolutely. Correcting your **** or mocking you."

Your posts are all oxymorons dude. Go back to high school. Your 29 years old and have nothing better to do than sit on a computer trolling.

Lol and you still say this makes ME look bad...

6. Mr.DagoWop

Jul 1, 2015
    Btw when I said I had 3 amateur fights I was ****ing joking. It sure seemed to shut you tf up though. You seem to be the only one not to realize that because I have said multiple times since then that I have yet to have an amateur fight until the Golden Gloves.

7. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Ohhhh. It looks like Mr.Slick is getting upset :aaaaa:

GALVATRON likes this.
  8. Mr.DagoWop

Jul 1, 2015
    Haha I wouldn't waste a second getting mad over something that a clown like you said.

9. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    You train in a garage you idiot just shut the F up...lmao

10. baconmaker

baconmaker Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Thats pointless to keep arguiging like that. If you have problems then fight in the ring and see which one is the best.

11. bobroy68

bobroy68 Member Full Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Ive been involved in am boxing now for over 32 years, and was a sucsessful boxer myself. Ive just opened a new gym in a small town and the numbers coming through are real good at the moment. Everyone that has joined is a complete raw novice, and im knowledgable enough to know these numbers will drastically fall when the word sparring and competitions get mentioned.i always obviously teach the basics first I.e stance, footwork. Jab and cross punches. I do try and make it as less boring as I can with incorporating head movement, slips and bobs ets but nothing more advanced at this early stage. I have told the boxers to expect a high level of repetition, as anyone can hit a bag, but 99%will not do properly.jab , cross, stance, balls of your toes, lots of head movement is all I use at this early stage, and in my opinion is quite enough for a raw novice member. They have to understand the fundamentals and be good at them before I go to the next step, I.e angles, step offs, pivots, counters etc etc...and they have to realise that. No member will box competitevely until in my eyes are completely ready. Asfor the sparring aspect, I do themed choreographed light technical sessions, just to see what needs to be corrected and to give them that all important ring time they all need.if it becomes boring for the member, and they have not grasped the badic fundamentals, then this member will never box for any club.i am lucky enogh to have a ring area, a heavy bag room , a reaction room which has speedballs, floor to ceiling balls, wall pads for close range work and a spar bar for head movement and blocking, I also have a s and c room downstairs for the final workout for the session. I also try to make it as enjoyable as I can , so everyone leaves as if they have learned something with a smile on their face !!

reznick likes this.
  12. Mr.DagoWop

Jul 1, 2015
    Damn Pinocchio. Your nose long as hell.