Bellew/Bisping

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Manlikesquid, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Whilst I do agree, with Bisping being primarily a stand up fighter and his wrestling/BJJ being weak for an alleged elite MMA fighter I'd still give Bellew a chance with 8 to 12 week of good take down training.

It's not like old, fat Toney going up against an elite Greco Roman wrestler like Coutoure.

tee_birch and S.K like this.
  2. Manlikesquid

Manlikesquid New Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2017
    8-12 weeks takedown training and you think he could compete with someone who Has trained for years? mate seriously think before you type, its a joke its a circus would never happen, neither are world beaters by a long shot im there own sports but would completely dominate each other in there chosen disciplines? by the way mate you think if I did go karting for 8-12 weeks I could compete with Hamilton?

3. S.K

S.K Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 7, 2017
    Idiotic comparison, atleast compare comparatively.

Training for years at anything doesn't always make people better, remember that.

Odins beard likes this.
  4. Manlikesquid

Apr 1, 2017
    awww his bf has come to his rescue, your statement goes without saying but the idea of bellew training for 8 weeks in takedowns and competing with Bisping come on have a day off, he can only finish a 1 legged haye at round 11

5. Manlikesquid

Apr 1, 2017
    thebwho

6. S.K

S.K Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 7, 2017
    I have absolutely no idea who the other poster is.

I didn't say he could compete at takedowns, I said atleast compare equally & training longer at something than someone else doesn't mean you'll be better.

Odins beard likes this.
  7. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    During the 90's and early 2000's there was a fascination with pitting rugby league clubs against rugby union clubs (Wigan vs Bath, St Helens v Sale, Bradford Bulls in the sevens etc) and eventually it died off and people got bored of it because the league club would pummel the union club at league and the union club would pummel the league club at union. For some reason because the fundamentals of the games are very similar i.e. The scoring system, physical attributes of the players etc people thought it would make an interesting spectacle. It proved nothing and was a bit silly. The individual skill sets to excel in the sports were different. It's the same with boxing and MMA...Mayweather will beat McGregor comfortably. At some point a high profile boxer will get in the octagon and get his backside handed to him. It'll happen a couple of times both ways and we'll all be bored of it and move on. They are simply not compatible.

8. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    So does Bellew himself, to be fair.

The way Bellew has been talking and acting, you would think Bellew beat a prime Lennox, and not a guy who was a one-legged fighter for five rounds.

9. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    A fat, washed-up and cash-strapped James Toney already went there with Randy Couture at UFC 118.

10. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Totally irrelevant and I've actually rolled with Bisping at Carl Fishers gym a few years back, unless he's improved drastically he isn't that good.

Also his stand up is one of the weakest of the alleged elite stand up fighters.

Bellew has a better chance than Toney.

Years back Macaranelli spoke about fighting Bisping, Enzo has trained BJJ or Judo for years but White turned his nose up at it yet broke his neck to make Toney/Coutoure, I wonder why?

11. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    What a comical do

12. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Bisping easily ****s Bellew up in an mma matchup mate. Easy money. Both are about the same level imo funnily enough in their own disciplines..Belt holders but clearly not the best...I would root for the count !

13. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    These MMA D-level athletes need to stay in their lane.

Odins beard likes this.
  14. Howitzer1888

Howitzer1888 Active Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Joke fight if it ever does happen. Hopefully it doesn't. Crossover fights are pointless.

15. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    Classic Bellew. Credibility, huge respect and the potential for glory is right there in the Super Series ... and Bomber is calling out Michael f*cking Bisping.