Bellew v Ward?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Blue Manc, May 6, 2018.

1. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    what moron would pay for this boring horrible fight lol don't even think the matchroom fanboys would pay for this lol

2. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    He doesn't want to fight the "Dusseldorf Fury" because he know what will happen but he fancies himself against one full of ring rust so he is only calling out that version...

3. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Least he's being honest ! I don't think he beats either version.

4. phil rowe

phil rowe Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2018
    what does he gain out of beating parker of whyte...nothing.

5. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    There’s no title to gain but reputation wise it would be massive if he knocked out Parker when Joshua couldn’t.

Or if he chins Whyte faster than Joshua.

I don’t think he beats either but to say these fights are meaningless is not true. They are big PPV fights in the UK like it or not.

6. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I think Whyte would be very bad for Bellew and he should stay well clear. I think in terms of levels, Bellew would be a more skilful, faster opponent than Chisora, Allen, Lewison, Helenius, Browne etc However, you have to respect size. Whyte is 3 stone heavier, a little bit taller with a very long reach. His jab is getting better and better, and whilst he sparked Browne with a highlight reel knockout, the way he busted up Browne’s face with the jab was the most impressive aspect of that fight.

Bellew would not be able to hold the centre of the ring against him.

Holler and Scissors like this.
  7. phil rowe

phil rowe Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2018
    i disagree, whyte bellew could probably be ppv but the build up would have to be fiery and sky would need to promote the hell out of it to generate the buys to give each a good pay day, so that fight maybe.

But Parker there is nothing to gain, parker bellew with no titles is not a ppv fight and would flop if it did, plus it could potentially be a stinker as parkers last 2 fights have been quite boring, nothing to gain for bellew.

8. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    He’s already stated that he isn’t going near Parker. He said he would have done if he had a belt, but there’s no point fighting him now.

In terms of winning against a high profile opponent, Ward is his best option. He is too big, strong and savvy for him. No way could Ward knock him out unless he aimed for the tezzers again. Personally though, i’d rather he retire if he won’t fight Usyk/Gassiev.

zulander, Holler and moog like this.
  9. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    I like the Bellew-Ward fight at CW or HW. I think there are interesting dynamics involved. The fight may not be pretty but whenever a proposed match-up between two high profile boxers has you putting serious thought into a prediction, it’s a valid fight IMO. I’m a big Ward fan too so it naturally appeals.

Depending how Ward carries his power I wouldn’t be THAT surprised if he was to stop Bellew with body shots since Tony is very fleshy around that area.

pow and Twentyman like this.
  10. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    I’m a Ward fan too, bud. Although his style isn’t appealing to a casual audience, his skills are quite simply some of the best in boxing. His inside work is exceptional. The only criticism, if you can call it that, is that his power hasn’t really carried up from 160/168 to 175. I’m not sure what power he could then bring with an extra 25ib. Whereas Bellew prior to what many thought before the second fight, carries POWAH :)

moog and CutThroatFade like this.
  11. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I want to see Bellew v WBSS winner. After all most people on here proclaim fury still to be heavyweight champ so how can for the first time in history one man have all 4 cruiserweight belts when he hasn’t beaten Tony Bellew?

12. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    This content is protected

13. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    This content is protected

14. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    He would walk him down and hurt him, with zero respect for what's coming back

15. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    SOB Ward would land a lot of very low blows and as soon as Ward landed punches to the testicles he would call it a knockout for SOB! I would suggest Bellew wear a very strong cup with shock absorbers on it!