Bellew vs Usyk. Pick Em!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by im sparticus, Nov 6, 2018.

Who ya got?

1. Bellew pts

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  2. Bellew k.o

11 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Draw.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Usyk pts

41 vote(s)
    35.3%
  5. Usyk k.o

63 vote(s)
    54.3%
  1. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Cant disagree. Never looked like a boxer. He does today though.

2. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Usyk will put on a masterclass.

This will be the CW Division's equivalent of Clazaghe/Lacey.

Bellew can't outbox him. Can't KO him (Gassiev landed bombs, as did Breidis. Usyk never went down), and can't keep up with his work rate.

You have to be FIT, able to put your high ring IQ into action AND posses elite power. Bellew has none of those attributes.

It's not as if Usyk is at the end of his career, unlike Tony. And when was the last time Tony went in with a live, elite fighter in the peak of his career? He hasn't. Expecto him to do punditry full time after this fight.

3. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    Too little, too late. He doesn't posses the engine to keep Usyk off of him or keep up with him.

Getting into the "shape of your career" for your last fight say's it all...

4. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Bellew almost looks in good shape!

5. Hattonmad

Jan 5, 2009
    That's a bit harsh man. Tony has had a good career for a guy who doesn't do anything particularly special. All body types are different. It's not like he does be blowing out of his a.r.s.e. in fights. He obviously works very hard outside the ring. He's toned it up a fraction for this fight, his last. I'd say he's put himself through absolute hell in this camp to get where he is now.

6. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    I hear you, but you don't have to be genetically gifted to get into shape. He is a professional athlete, a pro boxer at that. Let that sink in.

ryanm8655 likes this.
  7. Hattonmad

Jan 5, 2009
    I don't think a toned body would've got Bellew any further than he got. He'll be beaten tonight on ability, nothing else.

8. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    True, but you are missing my point. Why come into the shape of your life for your last fight? Makes no sense.

9. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Still far too many "I just have a feeling" picks floating about. It's an absolute cop out IMO. If Bellew wins and that's all you said on the matter then you can't claim ****. Having a feeling is not a prediction. It's going against the grain illogically because at some stage you will be correct.

10. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Usyk will win

Suspect.chin likes this.
  11. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Some people no matter how hard they hammer the fitness don’t tone up to an extent that they look aesthetically amazing. Looking like an Adonis does not win fights, boxing skills win fights.

12. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    If they don’t then it’s diet.

Work the body likes this.
  13. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    If Bellew wins then i’m the best predictor of a fight outcome EVER!!! :fufu

As you know mate, the outcome of a fight is not just down to the skills levels. Gatti was a much more skilful boxer than Ward imo but he got drawn into a slugfest where he abandoned his advantages and got himself into a slugfest which resulted in him losing the first fight. The context can play a huge part. We know Usyk is on another level to anyone he has ever fought but we also know that Bellew has found a way to win and you can’t totally write him off.

I’m clinging to the fact that Usyk still very much as a amateur style and shots landed isn’t the only way a fight is scored in the pro game. Briedis dug deep and drew with Usyk on one scorecard so he’s not invincible. Bellew needs to be a spoiler on Saturday night and make it into an eyesore, pushing Usyk back, trying to tie him up, moving to the left and throwing that jab out as much as he can....I believe Bellew is savvy enough to know that it’s all about trying to spoil Usyk’s rhythm. Bellew hasn’t got Wilder like punch power but he has enough to wobble an opponent then jump all over them.

Twenty ‘matchroom/Bellew fanboy’ man x

14. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Usyk threw more punches in round 12 against Gassiev than Bellew did in the first 4 rounds against a crippled David Haye.

15. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    Is it important to look aesthetically amazing for a boxing match?